Author Topic: hello Idlewild posse  (Read 25640 times)

twangirl

Re: hello Idlewild posse
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2003, 04:00:00 pm »
I love the Put-Outs, but their bass player is on tour doing a crew gig for Mudvayne, of all things. He's in Japan or something now. The rest of the guys are working on mixing their next recording at Superdrag's studio...which means some guest appearances from the Superdrags I'm sure. So much as I hate to say it, I think they're just not going to be available for the Idlewild show. But I'll ask.
 Thanks for all the great suggestions, I'll see what I can do about getting one of 'em on with Idlewild.

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2003, 04:02:00 pm »
I wonder if Fico is available. Maybe a duo with him and that guy on his label.

jadetree

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2003, 04:10:00 pm »
You may not want to get any of these local bands, they will just be better than Idlewild.

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2003, 04:23:00 pm »
I would give a big vote to The Carlsonics. They really rock out and bring a lot of energy to the show. And I bet they are available. Please get them! I would also give a thumbs up to Metropolitan. Their sound would fit nicely with Idlewild. Plus, their lead singer looks exactly like Alan from Idlewild! And I think they would bring a big local following.
 I know I'm in the minority, but I'm not a big fan of Washington Social Club...please no!

ggw

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2003, 04:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Bill Kirchen and Too Much Fun
I had a Markie-Delgados moment with Bill Kirchen several years ago.

Bad blood notwithstanding, he's a great performer.

twangirl

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2003, 04:48:00 pm »
Bill sure is a great performer and one hell of a guitarist. His band's top notch too, and they've always been great to work with. But it would never occur to me to put them on a show with Idlewild.

ggw

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2003, 04:56:00 pm »
How about a Skatley Crue reunion gig?

twangirl

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2003, 05:32:00 pm »
They were horrible, in a comedic sort of way...and I've got the video to prove it. Besides, the only ones I know how to locate at this point are Seth and Kenny.

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2003, 06:18:00 pm »
I'll want to her about that one in person sometime.

Originally posted by ggw:

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:
  Bill Kirchen and Too Much Fun
I had a Markie-Delgados moment with Bill Kirchen several years ago.

Bad blood notwithstanding, he's a great performer. [/b]

Jaguär

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2003, 07:32:00 pm »
Of course I'm going to say Phaser....but I think they will be out of town then. -Damn, they'll be in Buffalo that night.

The Carlsonics would be good.

Please don't book Canyon; at least, not with Idlewild. Saw them once and could not stand them. Only saw them because Phaser opened for them and half the crowd left during their set.

What about Elefant? They may still be on the lower end of the price range. May be booked though as I think they are touring.

There is a great guy from Toronto called Barzin. Very small time but just released an album. The album is good and I just heard that he's good live. On the very laid back side though so you would have to take that into consideration.

The Lilys are probably getting too pricey but don't know. They would be good.

Maybe Pearlene. They really rock and are new. I think most here would like them.

Judah Johnson are a good band from Detroit. Not Garage, as you would think but nice Indie Rock.

The Greenehorns.

Alaska!

Stratford 4

bungle bud

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2003, 07:37:00 pm »
BOB MOULD

ggw

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2003, 09:31:00 pm »
The Capitol City Dusters -- They're local and draw a reasonable crowd.

www.superbadrecords.com

paige

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2003, 09:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by eertedaj:
  Washington Social Club
i like them a lot too

kurosawa-b/w

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2003, 10:03:00 am »
Originally posted by ggw:
  The Capitol City Dusters -- They're local and draw a reasonable crowd.

www.superbadrecords.com
That's a great suggestion. I have been wanting to see them.

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2003, 10:33:00 am »
No, I was just joking. My thoughts are the same as yours. They are probably the only local nad I've seen in my 6 years in DC that I really, really liked. But then again, I don't see that much local music. My tastes tend to skew toward nationally touring somewhat successful acts that appear at Iota.

Originally posted by twangirl:
  Bill sure is a great performer and one hell of a guitarist. His band's top notch too, and they've always been great to work with. But it would never occur to me to put them on a show with Idlewild.