Author Topic: Fleshtones Roll Call  (Read 2249 times)

Bags

Re: Fleshtones Roll Call
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2004, 01:32:00 pm »
Yeah Brennser, I knew I liked you!  (Beware, a certain board regular may now start referring to the crush I have on you....)

Were you around for the 15 Minute Club?

Originally posted by brennser:
 let us all take a moment and reflect on the passing the crow bar - one of the only places in DC where leather-clad bikers rubbed shoulders with K St lawya's and nobody gave a shit..

Bags

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2004, 01:35:00 am »
dammit, dammit, DAMMIT.  The Fleshtones rock so well and have so much fun...I told a friend of mine during the show, "you know, I always remember they're great, but I forget just why when they're coming back through town, and this is it..."  They rock so well, have a great time, have a whole ream of fun, scissor kick, walk on the bar, go in to the audience, jump, dance, have a great time.  It's such a fun night, whether you know their music ahead of time or not.  

Skeeter, great to see someone else having so much fun.

kosmo, tomorrow night you and komette will be having the most fun of the folks on the board.  Go crazy and enjoy......

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2004, 01:47:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:
  dammit, dammit, DAMMIT.  The Fleshtones rock so well and have so much fun...I told a friend of mine during the show, "you know, I always remember they're great, but I forget just why when they're coming back through town, and this is it..."  They rock so well, have a great time, have a whole ream of fun, scissor kick, walk on the bar, go in to the audience, jump, dance, have a great time.  It's such a fun night, whether you know their music ahead of time or not.  

Skeeter, great to see someone else having so much fun.

kosmo, tomorrow night you and komette will be having the most fun of the folks on the board.  Go crazy and enjoy......
>>>> Don't have to tell me!! I was right up front.....I'm deaf,sweaty and had a rockin' good time as always.....putting the fun in the "SuperRock"......The Fleshtones never waver!!!
 I need a one way ticket to "Hittsburgh"!!

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2004, 09:14:00 am »
I definitely won't let another 10 years go by before seeing them again.  I had a helluva time.  You had to really pay attention to what they were doing.  Turn your back for 10-15 seconds and suddenly Peter's standing on the mixing board, the guitarist is on the bar, the crowd is singing into the mike they left on the floor...and they never let up for a second.

There's really no other way to describe it than just a great big rock 'n' roll party.

Jaguär

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2004, 03:14:00 pm »
I don't remember them ever being like that back in the early to mid 80s. They just showed up, played, and hit the road again. Good but not great. Nothing that ever left much of an impression on me. I've seen them plenty of times yet can't remember even one show. In fact, they were kind of boring yet they played my kind of music. Did they just rippen with age or something?

SomethingMild

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2004, 02:03:00 am »
Standard cool show from the tones. Same as when I saw them in '89, '93, '98, '00 etc. Too damned loud though. Glad I brought my earplugs.

Bags

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2004, 03:00:00 am »
Originally posted by SomethingMild:
  Standard cool show from the tones. Same as when I saw them in '89, '93, '98, '00 etc. Too damned loud though. Glad I brought my earplugs.
But did you love it?  I think the energy and fun they bring is infectuous......Peter Zaremba dancing in that surfy cocktail way, Ken and Keith with their fun choreographed kicks and circles....yum.

Bags

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2004, 01:34:00 pm »
Kosmo, how was the Baltimore show with Myracle Brah?