Author Topic: Meanwhile in Spain...  (Read 1229 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Meanwhile in Spain...
« on: August 03, 2020, 01:51:14 pm »
Juan Carlos I, Spain's former king, to leave country amidst scrutiny of alleged financial dealings. In a letter to his son, King Felipe VI, Juan Carlos, wrote that he was making the decision "in the face of the public repercussion that certain past events of my private life are generating."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/03/europe/juan-carlos-spain-announcement-intl/index.html

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Meanwhile in Spain...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 01:52:44 pm »
Juan Carlos I, Spain's former king, to leave country amidst scrutiny of alleged financial dealings. In a letter to his son, King Felipe VI, Juan Carlos, wrote that he was making the decision "in the face of the public repercussion that certain past events of my private life are generating."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/03/europe/juan-carlos-spain-announcement-intl/index.html
Julian's America has offered him sanctuary.
LVMH

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 04:02:07 pm »
Hutch - don’t you actually know this guy?
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 06:44:58 pm »
Hutch - don’t you actually know this guy?
We are asking Juan Carlos I to leave our embassy at this time.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 06:52:07 pm »

I knew Felipe in grad school...not well but well enough to know he was a great guy! I have only nice things to say about him...Always enjoyed talking with him about Argentina and soccer..He sent me a Christmas card a few years after Georgetown... I was surprised he had my address...his cousin Pavlos on the other hand...

I am sorry his father keeps getting into trouble...Felipe hasn’t had the easiest time as Royal...his sister what a number...his sister in law killed herself