Author Topic: Friday fun...  (Read 20960 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Friday fun...
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2006, 11:38:00 am »
Originally posted by callat703:
  pdx pollard

you be pickup?
#1 NKOTB
 #2 Pollard PDX
T.Rex

nkotb

« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2006, 12:32:00 pm »
Ding ding ding.

I never realized how skewed my top artists list was.  That's what happens when you obsessively d/l out-of-print GBV b-sides and begin rebuilding your library complete with ratings and the like.  

My weekly list usually shows a more reliable cross-section of what I'm listening too (at work, at least):

Sonic Youth          59
 The Who              55
 Espers               21
 Johnny Cash          13
 Anthrax              10
 Dinosaur Jr.          7
 Boris                 7
 Minutemen             3
 The Flaming Lips      2

Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:

Originally posted by callat703:
  pdx pollard

you be pickup?
#1 NKOTB
 #2 Pollard PDX [/b]

Guiny

« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2006, 12:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  Ding ding ding.

Sonic Youth          59
 The Who              55
 Espers               21
 Johnny Cash          13
 Anthrax              10
 Dinosaur Jr.          7
 Boris                 7
 Minutemen             3
 The Flaming Lips      2

#1 NKOTB
 #2 Pollard PDX [/qb][/QUOTE] [/QB][/QUOTE]

Anthrax????? Sweeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!

nkotb

« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2006, 12:43:00 pm »
Hell yeah.  I still consider Among The Living to be one of my favorite albums of all time.  CAUGHT IN A MOSH!!!!!

Originally posted by Buck Satan:

Ding ding ding.

Sonic Youth          59
 The Who              55
 Espers               21
 Johnny Cash          13
 Anthrax              10
 Dinosaur Jr.          7
 Boris                 7
 Minutemen             3
 The Flaming Lips      2

#1 NKOTB
 #2 Pollard PDX [/b]
[/QB][/QUOTE]

Anthrax????? Sweeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!! [/QB][/QUOTE]

Guiny

« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2006, 12:59:00 pm »
  Hell yeah.  I still consider Among The Living to be one of my favorite albums of all time.  CAUGHT IN A MOSH!!!!!

[/QB][/QUOTE]

So your excited the departed members got back together.  Not so sure Scotti Ian or my brother are that happy.  Me, I wouldnt mind seeing Joey at lead one more time if they come back around. My favorite album has always been "Persistence Of Time".

nkotb

« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2006, 01:05:00 pm »
Odd; I thought I had heard that a year or two ago, but I never saw confirmation and figured it was just a rumor.  Are they touring with that line-up?  I would go ape for that, especially if they threw in I'm The Man.  

I pretty much lost interest after the Public Enemy track they did.  I think the only classic line-up album I don't have at this point is Spreading the Disease, and I just got word that it's on it's way through lala.com.  

Originally posted by Buck Satan:
 So your excited the departed members got back together.  Not so sure Scotti Ian or my brother are that happy.  Me, I wouldnt mind seeing Joey at lead one more time if they come back around. My favorite album has always been "Persistence Of Time".

Guiny

« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2006, 01:21:00 pm »
  Odd; I thought I had heard that a year or two ago, but I never saw confirmation and figured it was just a rumor.  Are they touring with that line-up?  I would go ape for that, especially if they threw in I'm The Man.  

I pretty much lost interest after the Public Enemy track they did.  I think the only classic line-up album I don't have at this point is Spreading the Disease, and I just got word that it's on it's way through lala.com.  

[/QB][/QUOTE]

It's not just a rumor, they've been touring with the old lineup for at least six months now. (It's also on their web site). They even played in this area either in Baltimore or JAXX awhile ago with the lineup, I didn't make that one though, I think I was out of town.  They were much heavier with Bush at lead but both versions of Anthrax are great in my opinion.  As for the PE song, it was great when it first came out, but now when everyone that doesn't know the music thinks of Anthrax, they think of that song.

sonickteam2

« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2006, 01:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by you be betty:
  what i find really interesting about our group charts is that whenever it's the week of a semi-big show, the bands playing are ALWAYS the most listened to.
i signed up for this last week and my charts dont really change, nor do they reflect on the 930 group's.

what gives?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2006, 01:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by the sonick:
 i signed up for this last week and my charts dont really change, nor do they reflect on the 930 group's.
i think individual charts update weekly ... and your charts wouldn't be affected by the 930 group charts
(o|o)

sonickteam2

« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2006, 01:42:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa08:

i think individual charts update weekly ... and your charts wouldn't be affected by the 930 group charts [/b]
why not? i am in the group.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2006, 01:48:00 pm »
 why not? i am in the group.
your INDIVIDUAL charts wouldn't be affected by what other people in the group play ... your individual charts are just that, what you listen to ... they update weekly, so your overall artists and weekly artists and stuff like that can be off for a while

the songs you listen to contribute to the collective group charts in all the groups you belong to
(o|o)

sonickteam2

« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2006, 01:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by HoyaSaxa08:

the songs you listen to contribute to the collective group charts in all the groups you belong to
ok, thats what i thought.  glad i can contaminate your belle and sebastian listening party you guys have going on!

vansmack

« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2006, 02:20:00 pm »

what gives?
Give it a solid week to get it going.  Then your listening habits will be exposed to the world to mock and ridicule.  It's the best.
27>34

sonickteam2

« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2006, 11:45:00 am »
is it me or can no one else log onto this site?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2006, 11:51:00 am »
Originally posted by corporal clegg:
  is it me or can no one else log onto this site?
" Ready for Operation Depth Charge? Don't touch that dialâ?¦"

no idea what that means

but they're updating the "Recently Played" lists (see the 'listening to now' thread)
(o|o)