Author Topic: Roll Call: Drive by Truckers at Baltimore Artscape Satur  (Read 6295 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: Roll Call: Drive by Truckers at Baltimore Artscape Satur
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2005, 10:25:00 am »
that's the exmayor

dc mayor: bowtie wearer/bringer of baseball
o/\o

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2005, 10:55:00 am »
I'll never forget the day they had a picture of Mayor Williams, shirtless and in swim trunks, in the Express. What a sexy guy!

Originally posted by sonickteam4:

Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
  Must be cool to have a mayor who is a rock star. My wife said he was hot when we accidentally saw them at Artscape a couple of years ago. maybe she just goes for Irishskis (what her Polish grandmother calls we folks of Irish descent).

its one thing Baltimore has/had over DC.

Baltimore's mayor: rock star

DC's mayor: rock smoker [/b]

thirsty moore

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2005, 11:00:00 am »
  I'll never forget the day they had a picture of Mayor Williams, shirtless and in swim trunks, in the Express. What a sexy guy!
At least he wasn't shirtless in a motel room with a hooker!

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2005, 10:17:00 am »
Funny how the Drive By Truckers don't even merit a mention in the Baltimore Sun's list of musical highlights of Artscape:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/music/225501,0,3945847.event

Music highlights include:
 Friday July 22
 6:30 p.m. -- 2 Skinnee J's -- Festival Stage
 7 p.m. -- Morris Day & The Time -- The Sun/ Live! Stage
 8 p.m. -- The Disco Biscuits -- Festival Stage
 8:30 p.m. --Boyz II Men -- The Sun/ Live! Stage
 9 p.m. -- Dagmar and the Seductones -- University of Baltimore Stage

Saturday July 23
 3 p.m. -- Chopteeth -- University of Baltimore Stage
 5:15 p.m. -- O'Malley's March -- Festival Stage
 5:30 p.m. -- Chris Glover -- The Sun/ Live! Stage
 7:30 p.m. -- Motor Morons -- University of Baltimore Stage
 9 p.m. -- The Players -- University of Baltimore Stage

Sunday July 24
 4:30 p.m. -- Jah Works --The Sun/ Live! Stage
 6:30 p.m. -- Shaggy -- The Sun/ Live! Stage
 6:30 p.m. -- Swingin' Swamis -- University of Baltimore Stage
 6:45 p.m. -- Ozomatli -- Festival Stage

Sailor Ripley

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2005, 12:01:00 pm »
  Funny how the Drive By Truckers don't even merit a mention in the Baltimore Sun's list of musical highlights of Artscape:
Yeah, it is strange considering they are one of the closers on what I believe is the biggest stage.  If you click the link at the bottom of the article for "complete schedule" they get a mention.

Overall I'm not too impressed with this year's musical lineup. And if you've never been to Artscape beware: as much as I like it and there are some really cool things going on, at times it can have a "state fair" feel to it with some of the people who attend and some of the junk stands.

sonickteam2

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2005, 12:25:00 pm »

its probably because they know that the DBT's thousands and thousands of blood thirsty rabid fans are already coming out and further publicity of such an event could cause a nightmarish situation with so many people in the downtown area, causing traffic backups and possible riot situations.  its probably for the best.

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2005, 12:35:00 pm »
Actually, the Sun/Live Stage is the largest stage. That's where Boys To Men are playing Friday.

Originally posted by Dave Stoller:

Yeah, it is strange considering they are one of the closers on what I believe is the biggest stage.  If you click the link at the bottom of the article for "complete schedule" they get a mention.

Overall I'm not too impressed with this year's musical lineup. And if you've never been to Artscape beware: as much as I like it and there are some really cool things going on, at times it can have a "state fair" feel to it with some of the people who attend and some of the junk stands. [/b]

Sailor Ripley

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2005, 12:54:00 pm »
  Actually, the Sun/Live Stage is the largest stage. That's where Boys To Men are playing Friday.

For some reason I thought that was the stage they were playing.  It's actually better that they aren't playing that stage.

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2005, 01:01:00 pm »
I think the correct answer to this Sun poll would have to be Jah Works.

Who are you most excited to see perform at Artscape?
  Boyz II Men
  Jah Works
  Morris Day and The Time
  Ozomatli
  Q-Tip
  Shaggy
  Vivian Green
  Other

SPARX

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2005, 11:13:00 pm »
How were they?

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2005, 09:06:00 am »
The Truckers were in fine form. Of course, playing for only 90 minutes, a number of great songs were left off the set list. Crowd was very into it all.

There was a group of clean cut preppy types right in front of us that my wife referred to as "the country club set" who were passing around a bottle in a paper bag to mix with their cokes. Couldn't help but think they were straight from DC.

Some guy next to me was wearing a striped polo similiar to the one Patterson was wearing, and remarked to me that "the lead singer must shop at Target like I do."

As we were walking to the stage, we walked by the Truckers tour bus, and saw Patterson and Cooley hanging out. We talked briefly to a drunk as shit (buy totally nice) Cooley about dogs. He told us he has a bluetick coonhound named Elsa.

Originally posted by SPARX:
  How were they?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2005, 09:21:00 am »
   coonhound named Elsa.

I knew all you country guys were a bunch of racists.

Jaguär

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2005, 12:29:00 pm »
  There was a group of clean cut preppy types right in front of us that my wife referred to as "the country club set" who were passing around a bottle in a paper bag to mix with their cokes. Couldn't help but think they were straight from DC.

Nah, probably from the Towson area or some outer Northern area Greater Baltimore suburb.

Summerteeth

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2005, 02:39:00 pm »
Anyone else up front against the rail with the woman who insisted on setting up a fold-out chair?  Blazing set though.  Cut down on the talking to maximize the allotted time.

Was amazing to see every black person within a half-mile clear out after Maxi Priest.  I enjoyed both sets quite a bit.  Oh well, their leaving allowed me to get up front.

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2005, 02:46:00 pm »
Not true. There was a 30ish black woman standing alone next to me, and 50ish black couple dancing in front of me.

Originally posted by Summerteeth:

Was amazing to see every black person within a half-mile clear out after Maxi Priest.  I enjoyed both sets quite a bit.  Oh well, their leaving allowed me to get up front.