Author Topic: Tower Records To Be Liquidated starting 10/7  (Read 54541 times)

Re: Tower Records To Be Liquidated starting 10/7
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2006, 04:32:00 pm »
How did you get the additional 20% off? Are you factoring in the buy four get one free deal? Is that deal every day now? The store I was in last week said it was just Thurs and Fri only.

Originally posted by Relaxer:

Originally posted by Steny Hoyer, Pubic Destroyer:
  At 40% off $19, you're still not getting any kind of bargain. You could match the prices by just sitting at your computer and ordering off of Amazon used. And you wouldn't have to put up with the horrible "music" they play over their sound system.
Not all discs are $19. All of the discs I bought ultimately cost less than $8, except for the double-disc one, which was maybe 9 bucks. At least at the Foggy Bottom store, it's 40% off, and then an additional %20 off, which made everything fall into the range of $6-$8 each. [/b]

Relaxer

« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2006, 04:39:00 pm »
  How did you get the additional 20% off? Are you factoring in the buy four get one free deal? Is that deal every day now? The store I was in last week said it was just Thurs and Fri only.

This is at the FG store, and they had hand-written signs around saying all rock CDs were an additional 20% off, and the cashier confirmed it.
 And the buy four/get one deal is no more; it was just this weekend. I wish it would've still been going.
oword

« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2006, 04:44:00 pm »
  you wouldn't have to put up with the horrible "music" they play over their sound system.
Or the long look down the nose at your insipid musical taste from the pierced, tattooed, purple -haired staff.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2006, 04:51:00 pm »
 new Califone
great album
(o|o)

« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2006, 05:11:00 pm »
Did the extra 20% off appear to be a one day thing, or do you think it will continue? That might make it worth my time...

This is at the FG store, and they had hand-written signs around saying all rock CDs were an additional 20% off, and the cashier confirmed it.
 And the buy four/get one deal is no more; it was just this weekend. I wish it would've still been going. [/b]

Relaxer

« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2006, 05:20:00 pm »
  Did the extra 20% off appear to be a one day thing, or do you think it will continue? That might make it worth my time...

My guess is that it will be ongoing, at least beyond today. I don't have much to base that on though, just my suspicion since they're trying to move this stuff out.
oword

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2006, 06:39:00 pm »

My guess is that it will be ongoing, at least beyond today. I don't have much to base that on though, just my suspicion since they're trying to move this stuff out. [/b]
And I'm guessing that the extra 20% off is after the 40% is applied, making the overall discount 52%? Check yr receipt.

« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2006, 06:42:00 pm »
That was the case when I got an extra 15% on top of 30% (meaning the total savings was less than 45%...I'm too lazy to do the exact math.)

Originally posted by beetsnotbeats:

My guess is that it will be ongoing, at least beyond today. I don't have much to base that on though, just my suspicion since they're trying to move this stuff out. [/b]
And I'm guessing that the extra 20% off is after the 40% is applied, making the overall discount 52%? Check yr receipt. [/b]

andyrichter

« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2006, 02:01:00 pm »
I bought some cds this morning at the Foggy Bottom store.  The total discount came out to 58% off.  Average price I ended up paying per cd was $7.   :cool:   Pickins are starting to get slim though so I'd head on over there and see what you can salvage.  

And I'm guessing that the extra 20% off is after the 40% is applied, making the overall discount 52%? Check yr receipt. [/b]

ggw

« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2006, 02:06:00 pm »

« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2006, 02:53:00 pm »
Thanks for the tip. I plan on sliiping out a bit early today and stopping by.

Originally posted by andyrichter:
  I bought some cds this morning at the Foggy Bottom store.  The total discount came out to 58% off.  Average price I ended up paying per cd was $7.    :cool:    Pickins are starting to get slim though so I'd head on over there and see what you can salvage.  

[/b]

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2006, 04:07:00 pm »
Rockville is also doing the extra 20% off rock/pop cds.  Rap/hip-hop is 70% off. dvds are 40% off - no extra 20% on those.

They seem to be restocking occasionally.  The shelves below the regular racks have been replenished a bit.  There are still a few surprises to be found if you dig around.

« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2006, 04:10:00 pm »
What about country, world and jazz? Are they still just 40% total?

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2006, 04:29:00 pm »
I didn't look at those sections.

vansmack

« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2006, 05:27:00 pm »
  What about country...still just 40% total?
In SF it was 40%+20%.
27>34