Author Topic: Ween and Wilco...  (Read 21490 times)

Re: Ween and Wilco...
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2004, 12:04:00 pm »
So the fact that is was only $25 to see them at a really small venue should translate to cheaper prices in a larger venue such ad 9:30 club.

Originally posted by Macktastic Bag O' Flash:
  The Chance is this dinky, pretty run down club 80 miles from a major city.  Though I have very fond memories of Tommy Keene playing there, basically to me and my friends....it's decorated to look like a ship.  Very funny place, like so many places in Poughkeepsie....

Bags

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2004, 01:55:00 pm »
Right, cause demand will be so much lower in DC, and operating costs are de minimis in comparison to Po-town.

Beer at a bar in Poughkeepsie is $2 too.  Same concept.

I swear I don't know why folks complain about 9:30 prices.  I think they're amazingly reasonable considering so many shows still go for $12, $15.  The more expensive shows are usually at the behest of the artist.

Originally posted by My Balls Can DJ:
  So the fact that is was only $25 to see them at a really small venue should translate to cheaper prices in a larger venue such ad 9:30 club.

The Chance is this dinky, pretty run down club 80 miles from a major city.  Though I have very fond memories of Tommy Keene playing there, basically to me and my friends....it's decorated to look like a ship.  Very funny place, like so many places in Poughkeepsie....
[/b]

keithstg

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2004, 02:04:00 pm »
  Right, cause demand will be so much lower in DC, and operating costs are de minimis in comparison to Po-town.

I swear I don't know why folks complain about 9:30 prices.  I think they're amazingly reasonable considering so many shows still go for $12, $15.  The more expensive shows are usually at the behest of the artist.

[/b]
[/b]
I was going to reply, but I think you have it covered. Econ 101.

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2004, 02:28:00 pm »
So it was Wilco that determined a $25 cover charge for the show in Poughkeepsie (which sold out rather quickly)? Can we expect tWilco to charge us $25 at the 9:30 Club?

[/b]
[/b]

Bags

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2004, 03:01:00 pm »
We'll have to see what Wilco does.  They do have tour managers as well, who may be aware that the band's "get" price in DC could be higher.  We'll see.

How many times does Seth have to say that high prices are almost always driven by the artist?  If I had pollard's patience and technology, I'd look up all those other threads.

ratioci nation

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2004, 03:48:00 pm »
  If I had pollard's patience and technology, I'd look up all those other threads.
technoly, not technology, technoly

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2004, 03:52:00 pm »
If they have a "set" price they charge per show, ticket price should be determined my venue capacity. That is, the larger the venue, the lesser the cost.

If they have a varying rate they charge depending on show, that throws the first paragraph off.

Of course, I know I'm oversimplifying things. No need to go into a boring longwinded explanation.

We'll have to see what Wilco does.  They do have tour managers as well, who may be aware that the band's "get" price in DC could be higher.  We'll see.

How many times does Seth have to say that high prices are almost always driven by the artist?  If I had pollard's patience and technology, I'd look up all those other threads.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2004, 08:09:00 am »

How many times does Seth have to say that high prices are almost always driven by the artist?
high prices are almost always driven by the artist

Darth Ed

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2004, 10:05:00 pm »
Cost is officially $25 for Wilco according to the Wilcoworld page.

So there's actually two pre-sales going on tomorrow? Looks like there's a 9:30 Club pre-sale that goes through Tickets.com and there's also a pre-sale going on through Wilcoworld. Choices, choices... Any suggestion as to which would be best?

eltee

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2004, 10:55:00 pm »
Do you mean which will have less traffic?

I have found when utilizing pre-sales via musictoday, the total cost of the ticket is face value, minus the hefty service fees (if there was one, it was definitely less than tickets.com by at least $3), and the ticket is will call only. Just make sure you are signed up and have the password ahead of time. Test the log in if you can. Musictoday sometimes has problems w/ their passwords, and sounds like time is of the essence for your purchase.  :)

Darth Ed

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2004, 11:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sugartastic Tee Silk:
 I have found when utilizing pre-sales via musictoday, the total cost of the ticket is face value, minus the hefty service fees (if there was one, it was definitely less than tickets.com by at least $3)
That's what I wanted to know. Thanks. I'm already logged into the Wilcoworld Musictoday site and am ready to go.

eltee

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2004, 08:53:00 am »
Originally posted by Darth Ed:

Originally posted by Sugartastic Tee Silk:
 I have found when utilizing pre-sales via musictoday, the total cost of the ticket is face value, minus the hefty service fees (if there was one, it was definitely less than tickets.com by at least $3)
That's what I wanted to know. Thanks. I'm already logged into the Wilcoworld Musictoday site and am ready to go. [/b]
No sweat. You could also have both windows open at time of purchase if you are having problems, they are busy, or I misquoted... ;)  Oh, and if it is in fact will call (my experience) - print your receipt! ;)

eltee

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2004, 08:59:00 am »
P.S. Probs, etc.: Musictoday help phone #: 800-594-Tixx (all the ticketing site shows is an email address for a [help] contact).

Darth Ed

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2004, 10:06:00 am »
Ended up using Tickets.com. I couldn't get any tickets from Musictoday. It kept saying there weren't any left, even though I surely got in during the first 30 seconds.

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2004, 10:08:00 am »
Where do you find the tickets on tickets.com?

I don't see anything listed?