Author Topic: the Penguins are STILL gonna suck  (Read 43602 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: the Penguins are STILL gonna suck
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2005, 11:15:00 am »
haha, you got me

anyway, doesn't look like its going to be a lindros situation. crosby's been all over local pittsburgh tv saying he's excited, can't wait for camp, ect
o/\o

Guiny

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2005, 11:22:00 am »
GO LEAFS!!!!!!!!!!

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2005, 04:37:00 am »
Are my Caps going to suck this year?....I mean for the whole season and not just the playoffs, which is a given.

sonickteam2

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2005, 09:03:00 am »
Originally posted by O'Mankie:
  Are my Caps going to suck this year?....I mean for the whole season and not just the playoffs, which is a given.
dont complain mank. my Bruins won the whole damn conference 3 years back and then lost in the playoffs.

if theres any one team whos great all season and then loses in the first round of the playoffs, its the B's.

Guiny

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2005, 10:40:00 am »
Originally posted by sonickteam4:
   if theres any one team whos great all season and then loses in the first round of the playoffs, its the B's. [/QB]
Usually to Montreal.

sonickteam2

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2005, 11:03:00 am »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee:

if theres any one team whos great all season and then loses in the first round of the playoffs, its the B's. [/b]
Usually to Montreal. [/QB]
not really. we only lost to them last season (2003) and before that, i cant remember them ever losing to the Habs in the playoffs.  (though, until 1986 i was a Maple Leafs fan)

its like a double whammy being a Boston fan from Toronto and losing to Montreal. theres just no brightside of that.

Guiny

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2005, 12:47:00 pm »
I remembered that rivalry in the 80's between Boston and Montreal, being from New England and all. Of course I was rooting for Montreal because back in that day Rick Vaive couldn't single handidly get Toronto into the playoffs.

ratioci nation

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2005, 01:40:00 pm »
I was reading an article about what the Blues will do with their roster, and the article said the old 4th line defensive stalwarts will now be out of a job in favor of players with more offensive skill under the new rules, I think there is going to be some sloppy hockey

but maybe we will see some 100 point scorers with regularity again

oh, and after reading the article, I am pretty sure the Blues will suck, Tkachuk and Weight are taking up a lot of payroll, I hope somebody else signs Pronger or else they are really screwed

vansmack

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2005, 05:29:00 pm »
I MOVED THIS FROM THE JUST ANNOUNCED THREAD AS I THOUGHT IT WAS BETTER SERVED HERE.

not even Comcast, NESN or Fox SportsNet? I could care less about ESPN's coverage as i get NHL Center Ice.  
Some local deals still exist.  The lack of fluid deals on Cable channels will render even the Center Ice package a little watered down.  And if I remember correctly, DirecTV has not yet decided to offer the 2005-2006 Center Ice package because their may be a lack of televised games.
27>34

Venerable Bede

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2005, 05:36:00 pm »
hey mr. shoeshine, wanna look into hitting the pens/lightning game on oct. 15?  i'd rather go see the bruins over columbus day, but i've got plans that weekend.
OU812

godsshoeshine

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2005, 05:41:00 pm »
that might be doable. basically depends on when i make the seasonal 'try to see everyone within 40 miles of a primanti bros' trip. plus, i am hoping to go to a stillrz game at some point this season
o/\o

Venerable Bede

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2005, 05:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by god's shoeshine:
  that might be doable. basically depends on when i make the seasonal 'try to see everyone within 40 miles of a primanti bros' trip. plus, i am hoping to go to a stillrz game at some point this season
well then, i won't point out that the steelers are at home that weekend as well. . .playing the jaguars.
OU812

godsshoeshine

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2005, 05:59:00 pm »
yeah, my buddy is on the waiting list for season tickets (only 7 more years or so!). he gets two tickets for 2 games, but its a lottery. i get to go to one, but i don't think he's heard yet

AND i usually go up for a pitt game once a year. they play south florida that weekend! sure to be one for the ages
o/\o

ratioci nation

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2005, 03:52:00 pm »
so smack, how would you feel about the Ducks giving up the #2 overall for Pronger, that is 1 of the rumors I am hearing, although apparently Keenan wants him bad now

I want the #2, the Blues will suck for a couple of years with or without Pronger

vansmack

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2005, 04:12:00 pm »
Originally posted by general grievous:
  so smack, how would you feel about the Ducks giving up the #2 overall for Pronger, that is 1 of the rumors I am hearing, although apparently Keenan wants him bad now

I want the #2, the Blues will suck for a couple of years with or without Pronger
We are oblgated to pay so much money right now that I don't see how it's going to happen.  But I would love Pronger.
27>34