> GENERAL DISCUSSION

The worst thing on Radio

<< < (2/7) > >>

eltee:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  an hour of dead air!  or would that be better?

do people really only have a 90 second attn span?
--- End quote ---
it would be better.
 I thought it was 3 seconds.

Venerable Bede:
such a shame. . .i grew up listening to live 105.  but things started going wrong once they dumped alex bennett in the mornings.  and now see what's happened.  so sad.

vansmack:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by bbbsmith:
  All I can say is XM XM XM...it is solid and will satisfy every tyoe of radio listener.  I bought the unit for Opie and Anthony (much more funny that Howard...Don and Mike or any other "shock" jock) and have been impressed with the content.  Not alot of commercials (some channels have commercials...others do not).  And they play the FULL song.
--- End quote ---
Odd story that I'm glad you reminded me of.  The reason why I am forced to listen to radio in the car is a broken CD player in Smackette's car.  So I go to Best Buy to buy a new radio - they offer a $169 in dash XM radio.  I think holy shit -that's the way to go!  As I begin to fill out the paperwork, it costs anywhere from $150-200 to install the XM radio in the car, depending on your car type.  Is this common?  And does XM think this will work?

bbbsmith:
Not sure about the in dash stuff as I am carless and use it in my house and at work.  I think that there are car kits that would allow you to get XM and regular radio...

The install fees are best buy not XM...but there is a monthly fee (but it is small...I pay it yearly).

vansmack:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by bbbsmith:
  Not sure about the in dash stuff as I am carless and use it in my house and at work.  I think that there are car kits that would allow you to get XM and regular radio...

The install fees are best buy not XM...but there is a monthly fee (but it is small...I pay it yearly).
--- End quote ---
This was an in-dash unit, not an XM ready unit, but the actual receiver with XM/AM/FM/CD.  I didn't want a car kit (although when I asked how much the car kit was, the installation was the same).  I've called two other places and they have told me similar numbers and more if I didn't buy the unit from them (which makes sense).

My point is this - who's going to pay more for the installation then they are for the unit?  Why doesn't XM supplement the installers with a small fee per unit to cut the cost to the consumer the way DirecTV does?  

The first provider between XM and Sirius to supplement installation will take a lead in the war the way DirecTV smoked Dish Network by doing the same (and offering TiVo and the NFL helped too).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version