Author Topic: Problems Getting Daughtry Tix??  (Read 4080 times)

Re: Problems Getting Daughtry Tix??
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 02:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by Shadrach:

Originally posted by thecrow1974:
  It looks like they sold most of the tickets to brokers.  All of them on Ebay and Craigslist are brokers.  BULLSHIT!!!
The implication that we have any say in who purchases tickets online or over the phone is just plain silly. [/b]
Why give tickets to radio stations for contests when the show is sold out (or is expected to sell out quickly)? It can't be for promotional purposes since the contests run after the onsale date.
xoxo

Shadrach

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2007, 02:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by 6949:

Originally posted by Shadrach:

It looks like they sold most of the tickets to brokers.  All of them on Ebay and Craigslist are brokers.  BULLSHIT!!!
The implication that we have any say in who purchases tickets online or over the phone is just plain silly. [/b]
Why give tickets to radio stations for contests when the show is sold out (or is expected to sell out quickly)? It can't be for promotional purposes since the contests run after the onsale date. [/b]
Well I wasn't a marketing or advertising major, but I would guess that there is much more interest in winning tickets to a sold out show than one with tickets still for sale. Keeping your audience glued to the radio for your next chance to win tickets means larger listaning audiences which in turn equals more advetising dollars. And I suppose it doesn't hurt when they mention so and so is "playing at the 9:30 Club".

azaghal1981

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2007, 02:56:00 pm »
Did anyone else have to ask wikipedia who this band was?
احمد

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 02:58:00 pm »
No.

Originally posted by azaghal1981:
  Did anyone else have to ask wikipedia who this band was?

thecrow1974

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 02:59:00 pm »
If you notice the brokers had tix listed on Ebay even before the 10:00am start of sale date.  Unless they have a time machine made out of a Dilorien I can imagine how they had tix before the sale.  Very shaddy if you ask me.  I know the 930 Club has nothing to do with this.  It's actually Tickets.com.  I'm just questioning how a venue that holds 1500 people sold 1500 tickets in 30 seconds???  Not likely.

Mobius

« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007, 03:04:00 pm »
If you are a fan of corporate-rockers, don't complain when you have to jump through the kinds of corporate-spawned hoops that such a product would naturally attract / be supported by.

You should all just be grateful that the 9:30 Club stooped to book this guy/group and buy your tickets from brokers like everyone else.

vansmack

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 03:06:00 pm »
  If you notice the brokers had tix listed on Ebay even before the 10:00am start of sale date.  Unless they have a time machine made out of a Dilorien I can imagine how they had tix before the sale.  Very shaddy if you ask me.  
This happens for nearly every popular show.  Ticket borkers hire a lot of people to buy tickets for shows, then buy them off of them and then turn them around for much more.  It's a disgusting practice, but not one where they have an unfair advantage over every other person buy tickets (save for the fact that they have many more people clicking the refresh button than you do).
27>34

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 03:09:00 pm »
Oh, come on. The 9:30 "stoops" with their booking all the time. Money is the bottom line, not booking cool bands. I'm not being judgmental by saying that, just stating my perception.

Originally posted by Mobius:
  If you are a fan of corporate-rockers, don't complain when you have to jump through the kinds of corporate-spawned hoops that such a product would naturally attract / be supported by.

You should all just be grateful that the 9:30 Club stooped to book this guy/group and buy your tickets from brokers like everyone else.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2007, 03:16:00 pm »
  If you notice the brokers had tix listed on Ebay even before the 10:00am start of sale date.  Unless they have a time machine made out of a Dilorien I can imagine how they had tix before the sale.  
Who's to say they actually had tickets?  They probably posted before the on-sale time, anticipating that they would have tickets.  That way when people start to panic about it being sold-out, the listing is already there.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2007, 03:21:00 pm »
   I'm just questioning how a venue that holds 1500 people sold 1500 tickets in 30 seconds???  Not likely.
Very likely.  First, I think the capacity is closer to 1200.  Even if they limited purchases to 4 tickets, that means it only takes 300 people to sell it out.  It's not too far-fetched to think that 300 people were online or on the phone at 10:00. Especially if brokers were targeting the tickets too.

Supply and demand.

azaghal1981

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2007, 03:26:00 pm »
I can almost guarantee any of those of you who are bitching that if you kept clicking refresh, you would've gotten a ticket within half an hour. The time you spent complaining on this board could've been wisely spent on trying to get tickets. It is very hard to get shut out of a show at the 930 if you know what you're doing.
احمد

Mobius

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2007, 03:29:00 pm »
I didn't mean to imply it didn't.  But the Club could not have built its reputation on folks like Daughtry - but Daughtry and his fans can reap the benefits of performing there.  Is 'deign' a better description?  How about 's**ked the c**k of satan' [just kidding folks]

azaghal1981

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2007, 03:32:00 pm »
Am I really the only one who had no idea as to who this band was?
احمد

ggw

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2007, 03:34:00 pm »
No, you aren't.

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2007, 03:35:00 pm »
I guess you missed the thread pertaining to what I would be spinning during my dj set for this kick ass show.