Author Topic: Oasis  (Read 34635 times)

hutch

Re: Oasis
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 05:21:00 pm »
who is playing the drums for oasis?

mdimoscato

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 05:21:00 pm »
can someone please direct me to the proper website for picking up presale tix?  I wrote down the password but not the website & then like an idiot I deleted the email.  Thanks!!!

hutch

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 05:22:00 pm »
uh, TM

mdimoscato

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 05:46:00 pm »
thanks hutch!  had a total brain fart.  Got my tix!

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 05:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by chaz:

Originally posted by Itouchmyself:

Originally posted by manimtired:

Originally posted by Itouchmyself:
  Did I really just pay $69.95 plus fees for the opening act?  

I don't know much about Oasis at all, since I guess I'm seeing them, can anyone recommend what records are a good place to start.
what planet are you from?

that being said check out definitely maybe and whats the story morning glory... [/b]
The planet that got really turned off by a snotty pretentious british band and decided to not pay attention.

That being said, I do like the stuff I've heard, which I think is mostly from the two records you mention. [/b]
Well this makes no sense.....You're really turned off by this snotty pretentious band, yet you like what you've heard from the two albums mentioned.  Please allow me to introduce you to my psychiatrist, Dr. Helpyoumakeupyourfuckingmind. [/b]
Happening to hear a couple of songs over the years and thinking they are alright requires much less effort than going out and getting the records, etc.  If I hadn't gotten a somewhat of negative impression of them early on, I probably would have picked up the records and followed their career.  

I'm obviously open enough to them at this point that I want to give them a try.  I wouldn't have gotten tix just for them, but I'm open to staying around after Ryan Adams and checking it out, unlike, say the hoards of people that split the Muse/MCR shows right after Muse was done.  

I was just explaining why I hadn't really followed them up to this point.

wml7

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2008, 11:23:00 pm »
The first time I saw Oasis was actually at the Patriot Center with Cornershop opening up for them.  Brim full of asha.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2008, 11:27:00 pm »
The last Oasis tour with Kasabian was just alright. Liam was being a dick to the soundman. I guess that's what you do when your only "talent" is singing.
(_|_)

hutch

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 11:53:00 pm »
the first time i saw oasis was at nissan september 10 1996... i wasn't a big fan..never have been. .all i remember is watching it from the lawn and i am a walrus...i think we got there late.... a friend made the play to go

i like oasis because at least they behave and try and act like rock stars.. if that makes any sense...i can't stand musicians who stick their hands in their pockets and act glum.. my friend got me a ticket for this coming show 10th row center..i might have to go..but i'm not a big fan.. haven't really listened much.. i did love that instrumental featured in snatch.. thats a great tune... shock the lightning sounds allright...

i've never understood the complete hatred for oasis that many have.... so they rip off a riff here or there..big deal.. don't look back in anger is a great tune...they have quite a few good tunes actually...

but they ain't no ac dc.

beedubyah

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 09:34:00 am »
Originally posted by wanderlust j. marshmallow:
  The last Oasis tour with Kasabian was just alright. Liam was being a dick to the soundman. I guess that's what you do when your only "talent" is singing.
Such a great show.

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2008, 09:40:00 am »
Ringo.

Originally posted by hutch:
  who is playing the drums for oasis?

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2008, 10:01:00 am »
Is it Ringo or Zak?

Also, if you don't want to invest in an Oasis ablum to find out more, just listen to any Beatles song and chances are Oasis have broken some copyright law on it. I find it a little ironic that a band steals from an inferior band to themselves. Even their lastest single is a ripoff of magical mystery tour.

I was at the Patriot and Nissan shows. Patriot crowd sucked but the band were great. Nissan was the last show before Noel eff'd off home in a huff so you could see the tension between Noel and Twat Gallagher on stage which was rather entertaining in itself.

Do you realize if Liam left the band nothing would change apart from the fact Britain would have one more loser on the dole.

hutch

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2008, 10:18:00 am »
its not zak..they had a falling out...

too bad.. zak can drum

Arthwys

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2008, 11:35:00 am »
Originally posted by hutch:
  its not zak..they had a falling out...

too bad.. zak can drum
It's some guy named Chris Sharrock...

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/oasis-new-drummer-plays-new-songs
Emrys

wml7

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2008, 11:50:00 am »
Oh yeah I also saw them open up for Black Crows at Merriweather.  It was alright.

saintangelsin

« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2008, 05:57:00 pm »
First of all, if you're a Ryan Adams fan and you don't know Oasis, go hear the real "Wonderwall." Ryan is a huge Oasis fan btw.

Second thing, I am totally stoked about this concert because well I love both bands. I saw Ryan last year at DAR, but have yet to see Oasis. I'm hoping to get tickets once I get paid. I want to take my dad with me, because he too is an Oasis fan.