Author Topic: Decemberists presale on sale now 7/14 show  (Read 1829 times)

Vas Deferens

Decemberists presale on sale now 7/14 show
« on: April 21, 2007, 10:04:00 am »
Presale tickets now on sale at:

http://decemberists.ducatking.com/

$76 for the best seats!
(_|_)

beetsnotbeats

Re: Decemberists presale on sale now 7/14 show
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 10:41:00 am »
Originally posted by Joe Marshmallow III:
  Presale tickets now on sale at:

http://decemberists.ducatking.com/  

$76 for the best seats!
And $41 for lawn   :roll:  

"Ducat King" indeed. Oh, and I'm sure that they mean for ducat to mean ticket because it would be gauche to name yourself or company after money....

jbcapati

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 12:23:00 pm »
Way too much for this show.  I hesitated to pay $42 for their show at the Strathmore, but at least it got me in the second row.  This would only get me on the lawn at Merriweather!

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 12:46:00 pm »
holy fuck. $50 for lawn after fees.

i know this is trite, but i miss what the decemberists used to be (and don't begrudge them for what they've become).

while watching colin singing morrissey covers at iota, i never thought that he'd be playing merriweather the same month moz plays wolf trap (and charging more than him)
(o|o)

Darth Ed

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 12:51:00 am »
To be fair, the ticket price is also paying for the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra to perform. It's not just the Decemberists. That's a lot of musicians to pay, so I expect that's the reason for the high price.

For what it's worth, I'd much rather see Colin perform solo at Iota again or see the Decemberists at Black Cat performing "The Tain" in its entirety for ~$15 again than pay $82 for a performance at Merriweather with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, but I don't think that's in the cards.

mbg73

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2007, 10:28:00 am »
The BSO don't come out to Merriweather for cheap.  If it were just the Decemberists, you'd probably be looking at $40 for pavillion tix and $25 lawn.  You're paying for the BSO as well, though.  Maybe they overestimated how many fans would be interested in seeing something like this.  Guess we'll find out when the general sale starts.