Author Topic: Why my life in 1 bedroom NWDC apt is more meaningful th  (Read 20301 times)

ratioci nation

Re: Why my life in 1 bedroom NWDC apt is more meaningful th
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2005, 01:35:00 pm »
my rent has doubled in 3 years, beat that! woo hoo

sonickteam

« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2005, 01:39:00 pm »
Originally posted by Celeste:
  I don't know about a bubble popping, but things have got to plateau soon. I mean, I love my house, but I can't see the value of it going up and up and up...it just doesn't make sense to me.

in some places, but places like Baltimore, well, i think its a long way from reaching a plateau.  houses are going for 80k and meanwhile, 2 blocks away they are building 400k condos. looks like a good investment in my book, even if it is kinda 'ghetto' right now.

brennser

« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2005, 01:42:00 pm »
yes, Balto is still a great place to buy/invest but less so with every passing week

Originally posted by sonickteam:

Originally posted by Celeste:
  I don't know about a bubble popping, but things have got to plateau soon. I mean, I love my house, but I can't see the value of it going up and up and up...it just doesn't make sense to me.

in some places, but places like Baltimore, well, i think its a long way from reaching a plateau.  houses are going for 80k and meanwhile, 2 blocks away they are building 400k condos. looks like a good investment in my book, even if it is kinda 'ghetto' right now. [/b]

sonickteam

« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2005, 01:47:00 pm »
Originally posted by brennser:
  yes, Balto is still a great place to buy/invest but less so with every passing week

why would you say that?  true neighborhoods are being swallowed up whole, but new ones are popping up all the time.  Canton and Fells Point are done as far as investing, but more places are hotspots now (even Highlandtown!!!)

« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2005, 01:49:00 pm »
Where are all the poor people going?

why would you say that?  true neighborhoods are being swallowed up whole, but new ones are popping up all the time.  Canton and Fells Point are done as far as investing, but more places are hotspots now (even Highlandtown!!!) [/b]

brennser

« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2005, 01:51:00 pm »
I'm not disagreeing w/ you - alls I'm saying is that a house that was 80k last year is 120k this year - like most people I'd rather buy at 80 than 120

why would you say that?  true neighborhoods are being swallowed up whole, but new ones are popping up all the time.  Canton and Fells Point are done as far as investing, but more places are hotspots now (even Highlandtown!!!) [/b]

sonickteam

« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2005, 01:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes, Japanese Golfer:
  Where are all the poor people going?

i dont know and i dont care. but they are building a lot of low income housing around town too.  half of the freakin poor neighborhoods are boarded up rowhomes anyway.  i dont think that many people even LIVE in Baltimore anymore....

sonickteam

« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2005, 01:55:00 pm »
  I'm not disagreeing w/ you - alls I'm saying is that a house that was 80k last year is 120k this year - like most people I'd rather buy at 80 than 120

very true...which is why i feel like I am in a race to get one!!!!

green door

« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2005, 02:01:00 pm »
$400K townhomes. Who the fuk is buying these? How many doctors and lawyers can there possibly be?

« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2005, 02:07:00 pm »
$400K translates to maybe $2200/month mortgage and property taxes, given current mortgage rates, I think. If you're a two wage earner income family, you needn't be doctors or lawyers to afford that.

But I agree that $400K for a townhouse sucks ass.

Originally posted by green door:
  $400K townhomes. Who the fuk is buying these? How many doctors and lawyers can there possibly be?

brennser

« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2005, 02:12:00 pm »
Who the fuk is buying these?
people who can spell

sonickteam

« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2005, 02:14:00 pm »
Originally posted by green door:
i ask the same question!  apparently a lot of people are moving from DC to Baltimore cause your $400k townhouse in Baltimore is $650k in DC.

and i think there can be an infinite amount of lawyers.....and can we ever have enough doctors?

Celeste

« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2005, 02:17:00 pm »
 and i think there can be an infinite amount of lawyers.....and can we ever have enough doctors?
what do you mean?

green door

« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2005, 02:21:00 pm »

Who the fuk is buying these?
people who can spell [/b]
what an asshole

brennser

« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2005, 02:22:00 pm »
much better!