Author Topic: Lily Allen's coming...now all we need is Amy!!!  (Read 26925 times)

bnyced0

Re: Lily Allen's coming...now all we need is Amy!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2007, 03:26:00 pm »
Bull930, You seem like a nice enough anglophile, is it not within your means to venture up the coast a few hours where you can have your overfill of all your favorites, can even catch TRL Live if I'm not mistaken that a) it still exits and b) it's still in NYC?  

I saw Lily's lack luster showcase in NYC last year, as well as Amy's stellar performance at Joes Pub a little over a week ago.  Sometimes you have to go to the mountain.  

And I'm not sure if it was your intention but the way you've been beating this drum for months you come off sounding like a street teamer for both acts...not a crime if you are, but probably wasting your time on these boards.

And for the record I'll repeat you'll never see Amy Winehouse/Lily Allen grace the same stage outside of a festival, conference, or your turn table.  Amy is a established, exceptionally talented artist, while Lily is a few months removed from decrypting her diary for her demos.

And though she'll probably outsell Amy by a mile, there's no correlation between her popularity  and her talent level which is improving but far from professional.  She's interesting but why the hell she's headlining the 930 is beyond me, besides of course SHE CAN because  MTV said so. Amy should be playing the 930 on the 16th, where as there is perfectly good back room at the Black Cat for up and coming artists like Ms. Allen.

v/r

peanut gallery

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 03:28:00 pm »
Street team this board, go to jail, it's the law!

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2007, 04:04:00 pm »
bnyced0 - even if he did venture up to NYC - all those anglophile shows you are mentioning keep selling out. but have no fears - the fratellis added a second date to the mercury lounge. and maybe theres still lily allen tix available for the webster hall show. but bloc party is sold out.

this is from the bowery website.
  SOLDOUT
 18+
 doors: 7:30

Live from London

Amy Winehouse

The Pipettes
HeyLa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2007, 04:22:00 pm »
this is meant as a serious question: bull930, can you/would you be allowed to get on a bus/train/plane to NYC for a concert?
<sig>

bnyced0

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2007, 04:23:00 pm »
I like my Brits in large doses, and there's always a nice complement at Noorderslag in January, NME Award Tours in February, SXSW in March, and the last gasp before the summer festivals...Indio in April.  All of which will have/had an appearance by Amy W. with a bevy of others including the Pipettes who are also stellar.

What I want in the States are their albums at a reasonable time instead of having to drop 8 quid for the import when they're released,  but I guess that still beats waiting 10 months for them to be in the $7.99 bin at best buy.

bnyced0

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2007, 04:25:00 pm »
"even if he did venture up to NYC"

BULL930 is a he?

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2007, 04:36:00 pm »
AS much as we pay for mortgages and rents, we chouldn't have to fly to NYC to see a concert. Everything should come to us.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2007, 05:20:00 pm »
i dont know if bull930 is a he or she. bad assumption probably.
HeyLa

bull930

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2007, 11:51:00 pm »
First of all I just love good music. I love life instruments and singing. If I like an artist I will support them. I don't feel like going to NYC when I can stay in DC. I am a male and very proud of it. I am sorry if I am posting on an artist I like and not  pleasing you. I also like Peaches, Otis Reeding, Prince, Micheal Jackson, so my taste are diverse. I am not just a zombie who goes with the flow. So stick that up your pipe in smoke it.

And when you talk about traveling, I went to see Kylie Minogue in Glasgow opening night. If I like the artist I will travel. I am a musically eclectic.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2007, 12:05:00 am »
WaPo had a good article today on Lily Allen.  I think foul-mouthed British party girls are kinda hot, so I'm naturally inclined to like her:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/29/AR2007012901992.html
_\|/_

Random Citizen

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2007, 12:14:00 am »
If I like an artist I will support them. I don't feel like going to NYC when I can stay in DC.
Nice way to contradict yourself in a matter of milliseconds!   :p

bull930

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2007, 01:15:00 am »

quote:
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 If I like an artist I will support them. I don't feel like going to NYC when I can stay in DC.
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice way to contradict yourself in a matter of milliseconds  

How did I contradict myself???? You need to get off the NyQuil and get sober.

yinzer

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2007, 12:13:00 pm »
is this thread really happening?

lagas

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2007, 12:32:00 pm »
remarkable
zorra

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2007, 12:50:00 pm »
bull: since i didn't get an answer to my previous question, lemme try this one: how old are you?  just curious!
<sig>