Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2102428 times)

Starsky

Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #10125 on: January 28, 2022, 04:36:59 pm »

« Reply #10126 on: January 28, 2022, 04:58:12 pm »
^what streaming platform is that...is that QBoze?

Do you often listen to only the lead-out?
slack

Starsky

« Reply #10127 on: January 28, 2022, 05:03:59 pm »
Hey man I am frazzled

We had some water leak and tons of remediation folks in the house…damn dishwasher

So be grateful I got anything to share!

Year is off to a banging start between this and doctors

-2000$ (Deductible on home insurance) plus need new dishwasher

« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 05:07:08 pm by Starsky »

« Reply #10128 on: January 28, 2022, 05:38:58 pm »
-2000$ (Deductible on home insurance) plus need new dishwasher
somewhat standard if you don't want to pay $4k a year in homeowners insurance
but if you have a big issue you will be glad to only pay $2k of that $20k bill
it's amazing how many things are not covered

what is covered is if your bike gets stolen, but that deductible can get you...probably not bresner's bike

Although I'm glad to hear the record collection was safe, If I recall correctly your old place the records were below the kitchen
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 05:45:09 pm by slightly different Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Starsky

« Reply #10129 on: January 29, 2022, 10:59:18 am »
Yeah it’s fine…we handled it quickly… some of our house looks like a construction zone right now

Should have replaced dishwasher earlier..we even talked about it…let that be a lesson onto you…5-6 years replace…it came with house so not sure when it was purchased… 

Oh well shoulda woulda coulda….am good at that

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #10130 on: January 29, 2022, 11:02:01 am »
We've had this twice, so shame on us. Dishwasher leaked under the kitchen flooring and into the basement, undetected for....months?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #10131 on: January 29, 2022, 12:01:54 pm »
Has anyone ever tried an American Home Shield or another similar warranty. The reviews are good but I really find it hard to believe I’m going to pay $55 a month and when my heat pump blows, they’re replacing it for a $125 service fee. Like there’s GOT to be a catch, yeah?
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #10132 on: January 29, 2022, 03:36:20 pm »

It’s amazing this was recorded professionally but unavailable for over 50 years. I get the “but we had Massey Hall!” argument but this has like 13 songs not on Massey including three of his greatest songs: Cinnamon Girl, Only love can break your heart and an incredible version of Southern Man.

Neil was on fire in late 70/early 71.

Starsky

« Reply #10133 on: February 01, 2022, 04:41:51 pm »
NCATBS-NMSWP

Continue to think -although good-this is one overrated album

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #10134 on: February 01, 2022, 05:26:34 pm »
The Hypnosonics

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10135 on: February 03, 2022, 08:57:32 am »
Bayou City Comeback Chorus

https://bayoucitycomebackchorus.bandcamp.com/releases

Produced by Kam Franklin of The Suffers with some of her strongest songwriting, this is a EP of four great songs I've had on repeat of late

Already got “Be The Light” stuck in my head, digging the P-Funk groove of “Stronger Together” and “Bring It On” will be a great addition to my funky flute playlist

T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10136 on: February 03, 2022, 09:28:14 am »
Nova Twins - "Who Are The Girls?"

the rare 5 star Guardian review for the loudest most exciting new UK rock band...

"they dredge remarkable sounds from their instruments in style of Tom Morello...  glitchy Prodigy-style blowouts..
T.Rex

Starsky

« Reply #10137 on: February 03, 2022, 10:18:15 am »
Rolling Stones - Exile

I never seem to tire of this album…these days I would say it’s my favorite rock and roll album

« Reply #10138 on: February 03, 2022, 10:26:50 am »
Rolling Stones - Exile

I never seem to tire of this album…these days I would say it’s my favorite rock and roll album
it's now my go-to album on brew days (time to add the Hops when 'shine a light' comes on)

in the last three years, I'd say it may be the album most played (from start to finish for sure)

knew jagger doesn't love it, but this was fairly harsh
In 2003, Jagger said, "Exile is not one of my favourite albums, although I think the record does have a particular feeling. I'm not too sure how great the songs are, but put together it's a nice piece. However, when I listen to Exile it has some of the worst mixes I've ever heard. I'd love to remix the record, not just because of the vocals, but because generally I think it sounds lousy. At the time Jimmy Miller was not functioning properly. I had to finish the whole record myself, because otherwise there were just these drunks and junkies. Of course I'm ultimately responsible for it, but it's really not good and there's no concerted effort or intention." Jagger also stated he did not understand the praise among Rolling Stones fans because the album did not yield many hits.

that sound and unprofessionalism is part of the appeal
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 10:31:02 am by slightly different Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Starsky

« Reply #10139 on: February 03, 2022, 10:50:04 am »
Mick is so clueless sometimes…..anyways god bless him