Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2101846 times)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #1830 on: October 08, 2009, 04:04:50 pm »
I have the US version at home, but I was actually just pulling up the individual songs on youtube. Ive not listened to them in so long - and I just adore them. Cant believe I tossed them aside for awhile. Its tragic. And I forgot how much a looker James was back in the day! *swoon*

Do you have the US or UK version? Even though the UK has like 5 more songs, I prefer the US version. The production on it isn't as muted, IMO. Plus I prefer the order they selected more. It was one case where they really made a good decision to edit it down a bit and make a tighter, more fluid record.
HeyLa

James Ford

« Reply #1831 on: October 09, 2009, 08:41:40 am »
Don't even ask me how we get music out here on the island, but here's what I'm listening to.

This is dance music for fat chicks in their 30's. The singer sounds like he eats the songbooks of Paul Westerberg and Brent Best for dinner, sits on the toilet, and turns on the tape recorder while he's trying to expel his dinner from his scrawny ass while simultanously smoking a carton of cigarettes. Guys who are attracted to dancing fat chicks in their 30's will like this album, alot.

This is dance music for fat chicks in their 30's who also have bad teeth and short pixie haircuts. I'd love to see a duet between this bands singer and Lucero's singer. Then I'd love to see them in an ultimate fight match. Then I'd love to see them sit down for tea. There's nothing unique about this music, but it's pleasant and innocuous enough to be enjoyed while sipping an autumnal serving of hot cocoa. I'm sure they'd sell a boatload of $50 concert tickets without even releasing an album if Dave Growl played drums for them.

This guy (Jim O'Rourke, the album is called "The Visitor" )slept with BOTH Jeff Tweedy and Thurston Moore, making music critics and pitchfork readers everywhere jealous, jealous, jealous. This recording will put a hyperactive toddler to sleep. But unless you have a hyperactive toddler, I say skip in and listen to his more rock-centric 2001 release, Insignificance. I also can't imagine any fat chicks dancing to this music. But fat (male) readers of pitchfork (was I redundant several times over with that phrase?) might try.

Nellie McKay and her dogs sing a tribute to Doris Day. Lots of fat chicks and their gay best friends will love this album. Straight guys can buy this one for your mom for Xmas, but lock yourself in the closet and have a listen yourself. If you're secure enough.

Relaxer

« Reply #1832 on: October 09, 2009, 09:05:59 am »
so James I'm assuming that you are either a fat chick or you're quote obsessed with fat chicks.
either one is cool with me
oword

James Ford

« Reply #1833 on: October 09, 2009, 09:19:50 am »
so James I'm assuming that you are either a fat chick or you're quote obsessed with fat chicks.
either one is cool with me

Aint any fat chicks here on the island, unless you count Sasquatch (Hurley). But hey, fat chicks definitely have their merits.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1834 on: October 09, 2009, 09:39:04 am »
"True Love 1980" the first track from Ash's a single every two weeks for a year project.  Just signed for the digital subscription and OMG based on the teaser trailer it's going to be EPIC.  The perfect antidote to all those "electro" indie bands who discovery some old disco albums....
T.Rex

thirsty moore

« Reply #1835 on: October 09, 2009, 10:56:04 am »
Aint any fat chicks here on the island, unless you count Sasquatch (Hurley). But hey, fat chicks definitely have their merits.

U SO KRAZY

thirsty moore

« Reply #1836 on: October 09, 2009, 10:57:35 am »
Found a good music blog that is filling in a lot of stuff I missed. Got this off of it. Very good.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #1837 on: October 09, 2009, 12:01:51 pm »
Found a good music blog that is filling in a lot of stuff I missed. Got this off of it. Very good.

And you are still awake to report on it?  ;D

You should have been at Iota when they, Hammock and Christopher Willets played. Everyone was falling asleep all over the place! As crazy as this sounds, it was a great show.

thirsty moore

« Reply #1838 on: October 09, 2009, 12:06:09 pm »
It is a dozey album, but it sounds great.

diediemydarling

« Reply #1839 on: October 09, 2009, 12:38:01 pm »
hey-oh. lou reed, john cale and nico live at le bataclan 1972.

azaghal1981

« Reply #1840 on: October 09, 2009, 12:50:44 pm »
Great show, horrible setting.

And you are still awake to report on it?  ;D

You should have been at Iota when they, Hammock and Christopher Willets played. Everyone was falling asleep all over the place! As crazy as this sounds, it was a great show.
احمد

renton007

« Reply #1841 on: October 09, 2009, 01:25:08 pm »
Rollins: The Boxed Life

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #1842 on: October 09, 2009, 01:42:48 pm »
Duelectrum
Electrolandia (EP)

This Brazilian band is perfect for those times when you're not sure if you want something heavy or something sleep inducing.

azaghal1981

« Reply #1843 on: October 09, 2009, 02:00:04 pm »
hey-oh. lou reed, john cale and nico live at le bataclan 1972.
You've been sorely missed at the club!

Sweetcell, this is probably right up your alley:
Shackleton - Three EPs

Dark, kind of droney psychedelic dubstep.
احمد

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #1844 on: October 09, 2009, 07:04:09 pm »