Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2100611 times)

hutch

Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #7830 on: January 17, 2019, 08:40:25 pm »
Bobby Hutcherson - Dialogue

Blue Note stereo - original New York labels

Note: not a South American test pressing

hutch

« Reply #7831 on: January 18, 2019, 10:48:34 am »

Kids two hour delay so popped this in...

Note: not a South American test press

hutch

« Reply #7832 on: January 18, 2019, 12:02:49 pm »

Heavily underrated...Neil with Pearl Jam is sweet

hutch

« Reply #7833 on: January 18, 2019, 01:34:17 pm »

Not a South American test press...this original US signed copy will have to do

« Reply #7834 on: January 18, 2019, 02:31:08 pm »
hate to burst your bubble...and hope you didn't pay extra
but that doesn't look like a legit Elvis Presley signature
slack

hutch

« Reply #7835 on: January 18, 2019, 02:54:47 pm »
I did my own research...it’s legit...just only first name...look at the “E”...the “s” has to end different due to no continuing “P”...I found an exact “s” too that matches this

And you live to burst my bubble

Definitely legit...in pencil...my guess very very early

« Reply #7836 on: January 18, 2019, 03:25:56 pm »
And you live to burst my bubble
wouldn't say I live for it....
I was curious and found that one image of all the Elvis sigs...and thought it looked different than all of those...
I only play an autograph authenticator on TV...so don't trust me

these guys could help
https://www.psacard.com/services/autographauthentication

I mean if it's legit and early, has to have some value
slack

hutch

« Reply #7837 on: January 18, 2019, 03:36:15 pm »
Well it has value to me...not looking to sell....Goes well with my Sinatra, Cash, Piaf, Fats Domino, Chuck Berry, Bill Monroe, Ralph Stanley, Piazzolla, Willie,  etc

I guess ones I would really like are Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Ellington, Satchmo and top of tops would be Billie Holiday

I have James Brown but am skeptical

The Bob Marley I have is not legit

hutch

« Reply #7838 on: January 18, 2019, 03:39:29 pm »
Oh and Bob Dylan would be sweet

« Reply #7839 on: January 18, 2019, 04:50:46 pm »
Well it has value to me...not looking to sell....Goes well with my Sinatra, Cash, Piaf, Fats Domino, Chuck Berry, Bill Monroe, Ralph Stanley, Piazzolla, Willie,  etc
You have got to have some good ones you got yourself...only one on here might be is Willie
I know you've got quite a few good ones
slack

hutch

« Reply #7840 on: January 18, 2019, 04:52:32 pm »
Course I do

hutch

« Reply #7841 on: January 19, 2019, 10:07:14 am »
Course I do
off the top of my head some lps I obtained signatures the old fashioned way... Toots Hibbert, Bunny Wailer, Lee Perry, Aston Familyman Barrett, Al Anderson, Andres Calamaro, Guided by Voices (fully signed Alien Lanes), JSBX, Pearl Jam VS (Ament and Mcready), Mudhoney, Lucinda Williams, Lou Donaldson, The Meters (fully signed), Taj Mahal, Dandy Warhols, Elvis Costello (This Years Model original UK), Mountain Goats (Zopilote Machine), Butch Warren, Los Amigos Invisibles, Devo, Cowboy Junkies, Bauhaus (Bela 12" signed only by Peter Murphy), David J, Luna, Dean and Britta, Ween (Chocolate and Cheese only Gener![and Dreiwitz] sigh), Smithereens, J Geils Band (Magic Dick, Danny Klein and J Geils), English Beat (Wakeling), The Specials (no Terry Hall as you know), Babasonicos (CD), Buckwheat Zydeco, Allen Toussaint, New Order (Peter Hook), Wanda Jackson, Tony Bennett, Sex Pistols (Glen Matlock only), PiL (Lydon), Buzzcocks (Shelley and Diggle), Marah, Robyn Hitchcock, Ian Maclagan, John Wesley Harding, Jorge Ben, Tony Visconti and WOody Woodmansey, Giorgio Moroder, Bootsy Collins, Maceo Parker, Men Without Hats, Blondie (Debbie and Clem),  NRBQ (Terry only), Jonathan Richman, Feelies, Seu Jorge, El Vez, Book of Love, Flamin' Groovies, Watt, Amadou and Mariam, John Hammond, The Breeders, Stereolab (Laetitia), G Love, Thurston Moore, Pete Best (!), Buddy Guy, Sylvain Sylvain, Ride, Sloan, Shelby Lynne, Weird Al Yankovic, Nellie McKay, Aterciopelados,  Graham Parker, Detroit Cobras, Violadores, etc

Signed CDs kind of suck but I have bothered with a very few back in the day like Evan Dando on an early Lemonheads CD (Creator), Kristin Hersh, Ratones Paranoicos

Some signed set lists: Jesus and the Mary Chain (Jim and William), Liz Phair, Old 97s, Asylum Street Spankers, etc... I really forget but there are quite a few..

Some signed posters; Los Autenticos Decadentes (I think I got 7 of the band members)…

An old business card of mine: Gary Louris and Marc Perlman (I think) of the Jayhawks...

I don't really bother too much anymore... I am usually too tired and just want to go home... I don't want to stand around for an hour or two...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 11:33:13 pm by hutch »

« Reply #7842 on: January 19, 2019, 11:17:34 am »
I guess all I can say is BOOM!
that is quite a list...was there for a number of these.  this one is impressive Guided by Voices (fully signed Alien Lanes)

You should create an instagram and photograph each one and tell a little story about it. Or reboot your blog
slack

hutch

« Reply #7843 on: January 19, 2019, 11:37:24 am »
I guess all I can say is BOOM!
that is quite a list...was there for a number of these.  this one is impressive Guided by Voices (fully signed Alien Lanes)

You should create an instagram and photograph each one and tell a little story about it. Or reboot your blog

no way jose!

« Reply #7844 on: January 19, 2019, 11:51:47 am »
slack