Author Topic: Celebrity Crime & Scandal Blog  (Read 211059 times)

herman otto

Re: Celebrity Crime & Scandal Blog
« Reply #300 on: August 10, 2017, 03:03:59 pm »
I accept, that response.

« Reply #301 on: August 10, 2017, 03:25:50 pm »
did anybody, talk about aaron carter, round these parts?
Well being bisexual is neither a crime nor a scandal in this day and age and Aaron Carter is only still a celebrity very tenuously so . . . no.
I know...meh
slack

shemptiness

« Reply #302 on: August 15, 2017, 12:56:50 pm »
According to the report, the drugs in Woods' system were:

Hydrocodone, the generic form of a painkiller branded as Vicodin.

Hydromorphone, a strong painkiller commonly known as Dilaudid.

Alprazolam, a mood and sleep drug commonly known as Xanax. (The report also listed Alpha-Hydroxy Alprazolam, which is what Xanax becomes when it breaks down in the system.)

Zolpidem, a sleep drug commonly known as Ambien.

Delta-9 carboxy THC, the active ingredient in marijuana.

« Reply #303 on: August 15, 2017, 01:22:23 pm »
Delta-9 carboxy THC, the active ingredient in marijuana.
wouldn't have suspected tiger was a burner
slack

hutch

« Reply #304 on: August 15, 2017, 05:03:28 pm »
Well it helps for pain AND to go to sleep which are by all accounts his two biggest issues

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #305 on: August 15, 2017, 06:12:01 pm »
Vicodin, Dilaudid, Xanax, Ambien AND marijuana?  how was this man still breathing?!?

(feel good hit of the summer, anyone?)
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #306 on: August 15, 2017, 07:36:34 pm »
(feel good hit of the summer, anyone?)
This was exactly my thought when this first broke.
LVMH

ggw

ggw

« Reply #308 on: December 12, 2017, 12:12:26 pm »
Josh Homme kicks photographer in the face.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42304607

bearman🐻

« Reply #309 on: December 12, 2017, 12:32:06 pm »
Josh Homme kicks photographer in the face.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42304607

Supremely disgusted. A despicable act...but then there's the part about him cutting himself too? Josh definitely has a history of being a dick to people, both on and off stage (there's video of him shoving a guy off the stage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOJqK5C_1t4). He's got the classic redhead temper. But I think it's safe to say at this juncture that he's got some bigger issues and demons to wrestle. It's no secret he likes to use substances. I don't know if that's the issue, but I wouldn't be surprised.

To be honest, I think he's been struggling for a while to keep some footing. The "Like Clockwork" LP to me is the story of a guy who peered into the abyss and nearly fell in, but pulled back and tried to find himself again. "Villains" feels like someone who doesn't give a damn. There are references to things like pills and suicide. When he says stuff like "Life is hard, that's why no one survives" and "Yeah, I'm letting go" I don't think that's just by chance. There's a lot of dark thoughts on that record. Maybe I'm psychoanalyzing too much, but that show at the Anthem felt like a band trying to say "yeah! we're having a great time!" but it felt like when I was watching my uncle fall off the deep end after his second marriage and hit the bottle. He was taking comfort in escape, but nothing about it was fun, cool or enjoyable for the people watching. Queens shows used to feel pretty damn good. But I couldn't help but pick up on the fact that this time it was a total facade.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #310 on: December 12, 2017, 08:36:21 pm »
Wow. Great comments about the show.  I thought it was ok...but far and away the worst Queens show I've ever seen.

And I think he knows he's done screwed up this time. Cause he definitely has.

bearman🐻

« Reply #311 on: December 13, 2017, 10:37:07 am »
Wow. Great comments about the show.  I thought it was ok...but far and away the worst Queens show I've ever seen.

And I think he knows he's done screwed up this time. Cause he definitely has.

When you see concerts over the course of 27 years, you start picking up on stuff. In 1993, Smashing Pumpkins put on one hell of a show in Chicago (see the bonus DVD for the reissue of "Siamese Dream"...I was there) and I thought they were a better live band than Nirvana. Then I saw them in 1995 and you could sense things were dramatically different. That was the night before Melvoin and Chamberlin OD'ed in NY. I've been seeing QOTSA since 1999, so over the course of 18 years you can see the evolution and appreciate the highs and lows (pun intended) Josh has gone through. That tour with Iggy Pop last year was so great, which is why this year my thought was "what the hell happened to Josh?". I wonder if he's shouldering a lot of trauma after what happened to Eagles of Death Metal in Paris. Sometimes the people who want to project the toughest facade and are dicks are also the ones who feel things the most, but they hide behind a macho image. But when you listen to the song "Fortress", you almost wonder if he's referring to himself. Again, maybe I'm psycho-analyzing too much...my gut says I'm not. Substance abuse can make you feel invincible when you're not. And it's probably not a good sign when you're doing vicodin on stage.

Oh, and the first time I ever went backstage at a show I learned something pretty powerful. I was at a Pere Ubu show, I was 17, and I watched David Thomas have a nervous breakdown in his tour manager's arms. Just because you're let into the inner sanctum doesn't mean you belong there. A lot of these musicians types are tortured geniuses for a reason. They've got a lot of problems. It would be great if more of them got the help they needed and had easier access to health care and therapy. Watching people like Chris Cornell lose their battle is incredibly sad. You can have money, success and a manager looking out for you and still fall apart. 

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
😐 🎶

vansmack

« Reply #313 on: April 26, 2018, 01:55:10 pm »
BREAKING: Bill Cosby convicted of drugging and molesting a woman in first big celebrity trial of #MeToo era.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #314 on: May 14, 2018, 05:23:30 pm »
can someone please explain to me what the hell is going on here?  i thought they were twins... they have different plastic surgeons?  only one took up meth?

<sig>