Author Topic: fairfax question for the bar knowledgeable folk  (Read 4528 times)

walkonby

Re: fairfax question for the bar knowledgeable folk
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 02:54:00 pm »
Originally posted by Surly Bonds:
  If the 930 Club had veal ravioli, would you go more?
the nine thirty has food?  never noticed.  i go for the music, and my favorite spot at the front of the right side bar.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 03:24:00 pm »
Originally posted by Weird Little Self Loathing Man:
  I'll cheer when you break 300 pounds and have a coronary at 52.   :p  

that is what the wine is for. . .
OU812

alex

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006, 03:47:00 pm »
Have you tried the cruelty-free food at The Birchmere?  They use only the finest soy veal in their ravioli. [/QB]
Sadly, these zingers have yet to get old.

Sage 703

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006, 05:15:00 pm »
jammin java in vienna has a full menu and bar.

Che

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006, 05:53:00 pm »
I always go to Fat Tuesdays before events at the patriot center and I like it.  I park and walk across the street so i don't get stuck in taffic plus i don't have to risk driving anywhere after a whole lot of drinks.  Their happy hour isn't bad and I think it goes till 7.  Food is expensive but I hardly ever eat there.  Gets kinda crowded depending on the show so sometimes you have to get there early for a table.  Brions grille is across the street too and their food is better but drink specials aren't as good.  

As for all the other bars mentioned I wouldn't go to them before a show since they aren't within walking distance and for some reason cops love drunk people.

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2006, 06:13:00 pm »
I go to Jammin' Java for the background Evangelical Christian flavor.

Driveway

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 08:38:00 am »
There are a few decent bars in Fairfax, I wouldn't call them great...

TT Reynolds
 Patriot's Cafe
 Fast Eddies
 Thursdays

walkonby

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 03:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by Che:
  I always go to Fat Tuesdays before events at the patriot center and I like it.  I park and walk across the street so i don't get stuck in taffic plus i don't have to risk driving anywhere after a whole lot of drinks.  Their happy hour isn't bad and I think it goes till 7.  Food is expensive but I hardly ever eat there.  Gets kinda crowded depending on the show so sometimes you have to get there early for a table.  Brions grille is across the street too and their food is better but drink specials aren't as good.  

As for all the other bars mentioned I wouldn't go to them before a show since they aren't within walking distance and for some reason cops love drunk people.
somebody topld me they are cracking down on people parking and hopping it across to the patriot for a show.  any word to that truth?