Author Topic: Disappointing TV Shows  (Read 3105 times)

flawd101

Re: Disappointing TV Shows
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 03:07:00 pm »
new scrubs is still alright.  it seems like they left the random kind of comedy and went a little more serious.  but its still one of the best shows on tv.

Relaxer

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 03:21:00 pm »
I'd have to say almost all shows, in my opinion, are pretty disappointing, except for the Simpsons (which has ebbed and flowed over the years, but is still solid entertainment) and The Office, which is still comedic gold.

I used to be a Lostie, but they lost me with their shitty writing.

And for no other reason, SNL gets my temporary and fleeting respect for Dick in a Box.
oword

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 04:15:00 pm »
Lost is so disappointing.  The first season was so amazing. .

renton007

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 08:52:00 am »
When I saw the three shows you think are disappointments I thought how anyone could anyone think they wouldn't be disappointments. Then I saw the rationale.  Hilarious.

Desperate Housewives has been a huge disappointment the past two seasons.  It was delted from the season pass last night.  Scrubs has not been as good either.  Moving to the Thrusday line-up is when it should be stellar.  

The only other shows I watch are The Office, Extras and The Daily Show.

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2007, 06:27:00 pm »
renton 007 understands me.

This is, clearly, a person of taste.

eltee

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2007, 04:45:00 pm »
new scrubs is still alright. it seems like they left the random kind of comedy and went a little more serious. but its still one of the best shows on tv.
I still enjoy Scrubs, but I think they are running out of jokes. This past week I watched old episodes on UPN - they were so clever. These days, the jokes are a bit crass and there doesn't seem to be the signature "moral of the story" at the end.
 I have low expectations for LOST.
 Gilmore Girls jumped the shark.
 I'm tired of 24. Yes, I said it.
 Deperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy are deplorable. I'll take Ugly Betty anyday over those two heinous shows.
 In my disappointment, I'm enjoying My Name Is Earl.   :)   (I heart Randy.)

lbcardoni

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2007, 05:15:00 pm »
I agree about Lost.  I only tune in now in hopes they start  wrap up any of the story lines they started.  I have a feeling it will be cancelled before we get some answers....

TheDirector217

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2007, 05:55:00 pm »
Um, El Tee.  I don't know you & all, but I decree there will no bashing of anything Jack Bauer related on this board.  Or I shall come down upon thee with great vengance & furious anger.  24 & The Wire are the best shows on TV and shall be excluded from this discussion of lackluster & worse shows.  Thank you.

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2007, 07:52:00 pm »
I've seen Grey's Anatomy twice and it sucked both times.

Num3ers is teetering; tonight's featured guest star is an ultimate fighter.

I still love House but I'm frightened that Dave Matthews (as a concert pianist!   :eek:  ) will play the patient in the next ep.

I've sometimes liked Cold Case but it's starting to become a dramatized infomercial for the catalogs of rock dinosaurs.

eltee

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2007, 07:39:00 pm »
Kiefer (Jack Bauer) will always rule. I just wish the writers would switch the story up a bit after all these years. (Although, I couldn't help but laugh at some of the other actors on the last episode.) TheDirector, I am sorry to offend, again, Jack Bauer is the man DAMNIT!    :) )
 Back to topic, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip Show was a disappointment.

TheDirector217

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 11:30:00 am »
El Tee, it's all good.  It appears we are on the same page, and both respect Jack Bauer's gangsta.  No harm, no foul . . . .    :)

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2007, 11:35:00 am »
Does anybody here watch "Gay, Straight, or Taken"?

dcollier

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2007, 02:25:00 pm »
i too have never watched american idol or survivor.  I find most television shows disappointing.  i loved six feet under however --- watched it on dvd.