Author Topic: New band called pre)Thing  (Read 3663 times)

jakez468

New band called pre)Thing
« on: July 07, 2003, 07:48:00 pm »
http://www.totalassault.com/?team=prething

check em out if you like Godhead and hed(pe) in1!  :eek:

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: New band called pre)Thing
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 09:17:00 pm »
taken from the total assault website...

Q: Does this cost anything?
 A: No.
 Q: What is a Street Team?
 A: A Street Team is a group of fans who work together to help spread the word about a band at a grass roots level on the streets. This means passing out promotional material at concerts, skate&snow shops, tattoo parlors, skate parks, etc.
 Q: What is an eTeam?
 A: An eTeam is a group of fans who work together to help spread the word about a band at a grass roots level online. This means talking up bands and spreading links for viral players on message boards, chat forums, instant messenger, etc.
 Q: Why am I not getting promotional material (stickers, CDs, flyers, etc.) to pass out for a band?
 A: You're probably not on the band's Street Team, or you haven't been selected to receive promotional material. If you are an ACTIVE Street Teamer or eTeamer you will from time to time receive an email invitation to join a Street Team. Since we have a limited amount of promotional material not everyone who signs up will be selected to receive promotional material.  
 Q: What is an ACTIVE Teamer?
 A: An ACTIVE Teamer is one who is actively participating in spreading the word about a band that he/she is on the team for and reporting back to the Team Coordinator about what he/she is doing to help spread the word.  ACTIVE teamers earn cred.
 Q: What is cred and what do I do with it?
 A: The main goal of a teamer is to help the band, but why not get some cool stuff while you're doing it? ACTIVE Teamers get cred for their work. Teamers with sufficient amount of cred get hooked up with cool stuff and are picked to be on new teams first.
 Q: How can I get tickets for shows?
 A: ACTIVE Teamers will be sent an email when we have tickets available for shows in their area.
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2003, 09:08:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  taken from the total assault website...

Q: Does this cost anything?
 A: No.
 Q: What is a Street Team?
 A: A Street Team is a group of fans who work together to help spread the word about a band at a grass roots level on the streets. This means passing out promotional material at concerts, skate&snow shops, tattoo parlors, skate parks, etc.
 Q: What is an eTeam?
 A: An eTeam is a group of fans who work together to help spread the word about a band at a grass roots level online. This means talking up bands and spreading links for viral players on message boards, chat forums, instant messenger, etc.
 Q: Why am I not getting promotional material (stickers, CDs, flyers, etc.) to pass out for a band?
 A: You're probably not on the band's Street Team, or you haven't been selected to receive promotional material. If you are an ACTIVE Street Teamer or eTeamer you will from time to time receive an email invitation to join a Street Team. Since we have a limited amount of promotional material not everyone who signs up will be selected to receive promotional material.  
 Q: What is an ACTIVE Teamer?
 A: An ACTIVE Teamer is one who is actively participating in spreading the word about a band that he/she is on the team for and reporting back to the Team Coordinator about what he/she is doing to help spread the word.  ACTIVE teamers earn cred.
 Q: What is cred and what do I do with it?
 A: The main goal of a teamer is to help the band, but why not get some cool stuff while you're doing it? ACTIVE Teamers get cred for their work. Teamers with sufficient amount of cred get hooked up with cool stuff and are picked to be on new teams first.
 Q: How can I get tickets for shows?
 A: ACTIVE Teamers will be sent an email when we have tickets available for shows in their area.
Ahhhh hahahahahahah aaaahhhhh ahahahahahah

:D
27>34

redsock

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2003, 03:07:00 pm »
OK, i agree beating up the poor street teamers is fun and all...but I think people are quick to throw labels on folks. For example, i once posted about my gfriends band, who I think is fucking amazing and getting better, and i was labled as a street teamer, as opposed to a board member just trying to A-get folks interested in good, new music, and B- to drum support for my GF and her band, who again, are fucking good. Does this mean I'm a street teamer? If so, than what about other board members bands and friends in bands who i see mentioned here....be weary of the double-standard, that's all.

Bags

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2003, 03:09:00 pm »
What's your gfriend's band like, and are they playing any time soon??

vansmack

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2003, 03:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by redsock:
  OK, i agree beating up the poor street teamers is fun and all...but I think people are quick to throw labels on folks. For example, i once posted about my gfriends band, who I think is fucking amazing and getting better, and i was labled as a street teamer, as opposed to a board member just trying to A-get folks interested in good, new music, and B- to drum support for my GF and her band, who again, are fucking good. Does this mean I'm a street teamer? If so, than what about other board members bands and friends in bands who i see mentioned here....be weary of the double-standard, that's all.
It's all about timing.  If you pump a band you like, you'd better have a reputation on the board or you'll be mocked unmercifully.  If one of your first 10 posts or so is about pumping a band, chances are you're a street teamer.  While you may have been the exception, it's generally a pretty good indicator.

After that, it's no longer a problem.  Once you shed the junior member status - you're expected to present new bands to the community.  That's why most of us are here - to find new music.
27>34

redsock

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2003, 03:22:00 pm »
Originally posted by bags:
Well, the reason they are getting better, is cause they have added a new bassist and drummer, so they are in the midst of changing their sound a bit. New shows later in August probably, but you can check out their older stuff at www.exitclov.com

And no, I did not reply looking for a reason to talk about Exit clov, just wanted to get my two cents about street teamers in....whether I'm one or not

redsock

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2003, 03:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

It's all about timing.  If you pump a band you like, you'd better have a reputation on the board or you'll be mocked unmercifully.  If one of your first 10 posts or so is about pumping a band, chances are you're a street teamer.  While you may have been the exception, it's generally a pretty good indicator.

After that, it's no longer a problem.  Once you shed the junior member status - you're expected to present new bands to the community.  That's why most of us are here - to find new music. [/b]
Fair enough, I'll except that as an explanation. I still thought your post on teamers was funny though.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2003, 03:43:00 pm »
the FAQ on street teamers was taken straight from the totalassault q/a page... i wasn't makin that stuff up.  total assault is one of the larger street teamer organizers out there.  guess they have lot of  cred
T.Rex

Bags

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2003, 03:45:00 pm »

Originally posted by bags:
Well, the reason they are getting better, is cause they have added a new bassist and drummer, so they are in the midst of changing their sound a bit. New shows later in August probably, but you can check out their older stuff at www.exitclov.com

And no, I did not reply looking for a reason to talk about Exit clov, just wanted to get my two cents about street teamers in....whether I'm one or not [/b]
I KNOW you didn't!!  As a cool board member, I wanted to find out about the band, for real!!

[Hey, thank goodness I've been laying this good foundation so I can start STREET TEAMING my ASS off!!]

;)  
    :p

Bags

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2003, 03:48:00 pm »
I actually work for totalassault.

:eek: