Author Topic: Posters at concerts  (Read 1902 times)

mr. pretentious

• This Boy Is Exhausted
Posters at concerts
« on: August 02, 2005, 05:06:00 pm »
At the shows you guys go to, how often will you find posters for the event for sale at the merch booth?  I'm a big fan of concert posters (esp. those that I attend), but with a fledgling collection.  Just wondering how common this is, or should I just do my best to rip posters off the walls after the concert's over.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Posters at concerts
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 05:08:00 pm »
Originally posted by El Jefe:
  At the shows you guys go to, how often will you find posters for the event for sale at the merch booth?  I'm a big fan of concert posters (esp. those that I attend), but with a fledgling collection.  Just wondering how common this is, or should I just do my best to rip posters off the walls after the concert's over.
Rarely, if ever. You're best to rip off the wall.

Bags

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 05:13:00 pm »
Ditto, rarely.  In fact, I found a GBV poster of a show I was at, but they didn't sell at the show.  And I never saw it up advertising the show...  ??

cernoch79

• Cernoch Design
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 05:13:00 pm »
I'm trying to do more posters for clubs in this area, but it costs money.  Hopefully you will be seeing more in the future.  I'm working with a few people right now to make that happen.

ggw

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 05:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by El Jefe:
www.gigposters.com

cernoch79

• Cernoch Design
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 05:29:00 pm »
Look under the classifieds section of that website to buy posters, you probably won't fing many DC area posters though.