Author Topic: The 50 Greatest Cover Songs of All-Time  (Read 8877 times)

poorlulu

Re: The 50 Greatest Cover Songs of All-Time
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2003, 04:24:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Samantha:<BR><B> I do.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>samantha you should meet chad boy.........<P>i think you'd have a lot in common.......<P>morcheeba's version of jolene was great as well

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2003, 04:33:00 pm »
the replacements - black diamond<BR>Pianosaurus (a band which only used toy instruments)- memphis<BR>
T.Rex

Sir HC

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2003, 04:35:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mobius:<BR><B>A few more:<BR>Jesus and Mary Chain- Surf City<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>They do this too?  I know they do "Kill Surf City" which is theirs, and "Surfin' USA" which is the beach boys.  Oh, and seeing Gwar do Bryan Adams "Summer of 69" was a treat, as was seeing Soundgarden do "Big Bottoms".  The glory of the soundcheck.

Barcelona

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2003, 04:39:00 pm »
'I can't forget' (Leonard Cohen) by The Pixies. Great song. Also, 'First we take Manhattan' (same Leonard Cohen album) by REM.

Mobius

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2003, 04:49:00 pm »
That's right.  Kill Surf City is not a cover, just sounds like the original.  Speaking of JAMC, can't forget Pixies' "Head On."

Venerable Bede

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2003, 04:58:00 pm »
i've always been partial to black velvet flag's "institutionalized"
OU812

grotty

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2003, 06:22:00 pm »
"nine inch nail's "supernaut" is unbelievable."<P>Good tip...I just found it on kazaa.<P>Great version of one of my fav songs.<P>

Lazer Guided Melodies

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2003, 09:38:00 pm »
how about Spacemen 3's cover of Transparent Radiation by The Red Krayola or their cover of Rollercoaster.<P>Also, Johnny Cash's cover of I See A Darkness

walkman

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2003, 10:05:00 pm »
Have to agree with The Clash's 'I Fought the Law'...top 10 material.  I'm not surprised the Stripes' cover of Jolene didn't make it, but for those of you lucky enough to see it live at 930 last year...totally unforgettable.  I think Jack started crying.  Oh yeah, and Yo La Tengo's Fakebook, an almost all covers album.      It's brilliant, especially Tore Me Down.

Ikarus

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2003, 11:26:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by grotty:<BR><B>Good tip...I just found it on kazaa.<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>i think it was released on an import called "demos and remixes" around '93-94.  if you can track it down, the disc also has an excellent version of "suck," that was recorded live in spain.<p>[This message has been edited by Ikarus (edited 01-31-2003).]

Sir HC

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2003, 03:23:00 pm »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lazer Guided Melodies:<BR><B>how about Spacemen 3's cover of Transparent Radiation by The Red Krayola or their cover of Rollercoaster.<P>Also, Johnny Cash's cover of I See A Darkness</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I thought their cover of "When Tomorrow Hits" is the best of them.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2003, 01:19:00 pm »
"Heroes," originally by Bowie, covered by Blondie<P>"Pictures of Matschtick Men," originally by the Status Quo, covered by Camper Van Beethoven, Cracker, and our own Slickee Boys
_\|/_

VIOLENTMOODSWINGS

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2003, 10:37:00 pm »
stabbing westward covering bizzar love triangle( new order) and a perfect circle covering diary of a madman/ lovesong( ozzy/cure)and possably rammstiens basterdization of stripped( depeshe mode)