Author Topic: are The Police ticket prices a joke?  (Read 10974 times)

TheREALHunter

Re: are The Police ticket prices a joke?
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2007, 09:41:00 am »
I would assume $225 is for seats right up front (which if they were regularly priced the average person would never obtain anyways) and I'm sure the $90 seats will be fine and for a band that hasn't toured in over 20 years I have no problem with that.  As far as the fanclub goes, why bitch about it?  Use a bestbuy rewardzone number (from a friend if you don't already have one) which will allow you to get tickets a day before even the fan club allows you to.  Goddamn what a cry fest on here   :roll:

Big KC

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2007, 10:00:00 am »
it's capitalism... i guess i don't have a problem with that. you get what you can.

but, it does make me respect other bands - who could easily cash in by reforming - even more.

Pink Floyd comes to mind... how much could they make off a world tour right now?

but they opt to regroup with Waters for Live 8 and hint at future performances for charity... that's class.

Bags

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2007, 11:17:00 am »
Anybody remember Clark Kent?
I remember him so well that I know it's Klark Kent, with two "K"s.  LOVE that album.

I can't figure out what to do.  The scenario that the goddamn Al Gore concert is our city's date is really really pissing me off.  Lovely, 100,000 people on the frickin' mall.

So, I'm definitely planning on Madison Square Garden, but this presale stuff is STILL driving me crazy!

Anyone got a Block Buster Rewards number they're not using?  Give you $50 for the use of it....  I'd rather money go to a human I have some degree of separation from than a conglomerate.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2007, 11:43:00 am »
I seriously doubt the only area Police performance will be Al Gore's thing, that has only been rumored as taking place.  Seeing as they probably wont be making any money at such a gig.
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2007, 01:14:00 pm »
I'm a little surprised how many of you on here don't have Best Buy Rewardzone numbers.  It's free and you get free stuff when you buy things, like, I don't know, music, stereos, MP3 Players, TVs, DVDs, video games and computer equipment.  Seems like this lot would be the target demographic.
27>34

SPARX

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2007, 03:04:00 pm »
Bags quote:

I remember him so well that I know it's Klark Kent, with two "K"s. LOVE that album.

You're right Bags. I had a friend give me a copy on an old certron cassette. Needless to say, I wore it out but never replaced it. Shame on me.

eros

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2007, 03:12:00 pm »
I'm a little surprised how many of you on here don't have Best Buy Rewardzone numbers. It's free and you get free stuff when you buy things, like, I don't know, music, stereos, MP3 Players, TVs, DVDs, video games and computer equipment. Seems like this lot would be the target demographic.
No urban hipster in his or her right mind would be caught dead in a Best Buy.
ʎɐʍou

Bags

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2007, 04:14:00 pm »
Not sure if this is of help, but just in case (for instance, for the Who I got $100 seats on the floor, about halfway back at Verizon Center):

PROMENADE 200 LEVEL SEATING
 US $94.50 - US $254.50

PROMENADE 100 LEVEL SEATING
 US $94.50 - US $254.50

LOGE LEVEL SEATING
 US $94.50 - US $254.50

FLOOR SEATING
 US $94.50 - US $254.50

PROMENADE 300 LEVEL SEATING
 US $54.50 - US $94.50

MEZZANINE LEVEL SEATING
 US $54.50

Internet Onsale Info
 Onsale to General Public:
 Tue, 02/20/07 09:00 AM EST

Bags

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2007, 04:20:00 pm »
I had Klark Kent on a 7 inch, but it was 33 rpms, so it was kinda like a full album (8 songs).

So good....he did a video wearing a mask.  Wonder if it's on YouTube.

Of course it is!   Klark Kent singing "Away From Home"

vansmack

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2007, 04:27:00 pm »
Eros:[/b]
 No urban hipster in his or her right mind would be caught dead in a Best Buy.
Considering one's self an urban hipster already puts one in the wrong frame of mind.
27>34

brennser

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2007, 04:27:00 pm »
I'm a little surprised how many of you on here don't have Best Buy Rewardzone numbers. It's free and you get free stuff when you buy things, like, I don't know, music, stereos, MP3 Players, TVs, DVDs, video games and computer equipment. Seems like this lot would be the target demographic.
I'm a member.....but I don't like the Police

sonickteam2

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2007, 04:29:00 pm »
maybe i am just not old enough...but i never liked the damn Police.

Sting is obnoxious and i wouldnt pay $20 to see them.

and if i went to Bonnaroo, i'd probably watch some other band instead.

phooey on sting.   :)

eros

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2007, 06:34:00 pm »
Considering one's self an urban hipster already puts one in the wrong frame of mind.
Me = suburban non-hipster.
ʎɐʍou

Bags

« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2007, 01:59:00 pm »
Sonick, I think 'not being old enough' could well explain a lack of affection for the band (not that a few years added to your age means you'd automatically love them).  

In the (very) late 70s and early 80s, Sting was not the Sting of today, and the band really was cutting edge.  They got kind of odd and a bit puffed up around Synchronicity, but for four albums they were just a great band, no nonsense, a new sound.  I adored them oh so much, and Synchronicity is my least favorite album of theirs.

Solo all of Sting's airs and self-importance really blew out of control.  Blech.  He's still hot, but what a prig.

As for this insane ticket sale for Madison Square Garden, thanks to Brennser for not liking the Police at all, I got very expensive but great seats in the 100 section right next to the stage.

Meanwhile, a friend of mine today paid for the Fan Club in advance and got tickets in section 425.  Yup, nosebleed -- terrible terrible.

What they've done is split up the Fan Club pre-sale in to two parts.  You can join the Fan Club in advance, and you were eligible for the pre-sale that started today at noon.

Tomorrow at noon they're allowing the "Fan Club Bundle," when you go in, get tickets, and they add the $100 fan club fee to your ticket purchase price.  It's a day later, but at least in that sale you have the option of not taking the seats you get (and not having to 'join' the fan club).

Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow during the 'bundle' sale...

« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2007, 02:10:00 pm »
Sorry, but the Police were never cutting edge. Perhaps as cutting edge as Nirvana was.