Author Topic: last.fm  (Read 4671 times)

sonickteam2

Re: last.fm
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2007, 11:31:00 am »
and Keane is off my top 15 list.... http://www.last.fm/user/sonickteam/

nkotb

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 04:10:00 pm »
Does the Last.FM scrobber only work on tracks that you're actively playing?  Or does it take the recently played information from your iTunes library to populate the charts?

I could've sworn reading that the download did the latter, but my charts are only showing things I listened to at home on the computer.  Do I just have an older version?

ratioci nation

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 04:16:00 pm »
i use iscrobbler for the mac and I have to hit update ipod in the iscrobbler drop down for it to detect what was played on the ipod, although that does not work with a shuffle

TheDirector217

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 05:53:00 pm »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  I was about to gripe that no one kept their board user name...and then I realized that I didn't either.

Anyway: aobehr = nkotb

I haven't checked Last.FM in a while, but I had a message from a fan of Dashboard Confessional complaining about my listening to Gwen Stefani and Jay-Z.
You listen to Jay-Z.  They're a Dashboard Confesional fan.  You will apologize for not a damn thing.

vansmack

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2008, 01:52:00 pm »
From the things Smackie thinks you need to know thread:

And I know some folks were beta testing this, but it's ready for public release:

01.23.2008   LAST.FM LAUNCHES LARGEST GLOBAL FREE-ON-DEMAND MUSIC PLATFORM

Basically, its free music from all the majors and many minor labels, 3 listen limit per track, per user.
27>34

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2008, 03:24:00 pm »
U-CaulthysMusic

Now scrobbling for your listening confusion.

allmy$to930

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2008, 03:55:00 pm »

Barcelona

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 04:23:00 pm »

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 04:31:00 pm »
http://www.last.fm/user/xneverwherex

some of my friends swear by last.fm so ive gotten to using it all the time. esp since we all keep track of what shows we're going to see.
HeyLa

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 06:31:00 pm »
Sweet, i will add all of you!

http://www.last.fm/user/Downtown_Bob/
_\|/_

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2008, 07:05:00 pm »
T.Rex

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2008, 07:16:00 pm »
Apparently my musical compatibility with some of you is low or very low... that makes my inner Baby Jesus cry  :(
_\|/_

vansmack

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2008, 07:29:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo:
  although I think this is cooler service
  http://www.boomshuffle.com/profile/?id=5200
Agreed, but does SNOCAP have a deal with the majors in place?  I haven't read that they do which is why I'm skeptical as to how long they'll be around.
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2008, 08:06:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

although I think this is cooler service
   http://www.boomshuffle.com/profile/?id=5200  
Agreed, but does SNOCAP have a deal with the majors in place?  I haven't read that they do which is why I'm skeptical as to how long they'll be around. [/b]
They must some sort of agreement in place as they are doing digital distribution for a number of major label artists....
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2008, 08:17:00 pm »
  They must some sort of agreement in place as they are doing digital distribution for a number of major label artists....
SNOCAP has a deal with Myspace as the sole distributor, and the bands/labels have a deal with MySpace to distribute their music via myspace, but I'm not sure that SNOCAP, by virtue of that deal, necessarily has a deal with the artists (individual artists will vary of course, say if SNOCAP provided distribution on the artists official web site).  But does that translate into distribution via unlimited streaming on a separate web site, where presumably SNOCAP would make a profit?  I would doubt it, otherwise every other music retailer (MS, Apple, Amazon, Rhapsody, Emusic, etc.) would stream the whole song and not just 30 second clips.

This is of course, pure speculation on my part, but I would venture to guess that boomshuffle is "Beta" until that gets worked out.   If Boom Shuffle had an agreement of unlimited streaming of the music to it's members, it would have been big news, and I didn't hear a peep about it.  A deal like that is unprecedented.

Don't get me wrong, it would be awesome, but I just don't think it exists.
27>34