Author Topic: Frankensteins monster vs Someone who is not very clever  (Read 55764 times)

markie

Frankensteins monster vs Someone who is not very clever
« on: September 30, 2004, 09:59:00 pm »
How would you see the debate?

poorlulu

Re: Frankensteins monster vs Someone who is not very clever
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2004, 10:03:00 pm »
i think it's unfair to have bush outside, where there are so many sharp objects and dangerous roads and bad people around............

he's not capable of doing the buttons on his shirt nevermind watching the crosswalks.............poorbushie

ratioci nation

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 10:42:00 pm »
it just proved again that Bush is unable to think on his feet and does not have near the grasp of issues that most candidates at this level have, which makes it truly amazing that he is president, somehow he gets people to vote for him

Chip Chanko

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 10:44:00 pm »
A president shouldn't smirk. And a lady never tells...

markie

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 10:48:00 pm »
I know smart people who say they will vote Republican next time. At this point I would really like some personal insight. I must be physcopathically narcissistic, but I am finding it really hard to understand.

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 10:56:00 pm »
Mr.Frozen versus The Joker(Smirkenstein)

I'm surprised that neither used the, "Riddle me this..." tagline from Batman.  It would've been a surefire stinger.

Arthwys

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004, 10:56:00 pm »
It's the ideology involved.  At this point the two parties are so divided on certain core issues that most people aren't even voting for the president anymore.  They're voting for the person that at least has the same policies in mind as what you'd like to see happening.  I'm sure the bit about the "international test" is gonna be a topic of that sort.  liberals like the idea of more international government, conservatives want to preserve the sovereignty of nation states.
Emrys

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2004, 10:58:00 pm »
How long until that glittering Islamic showplace of democracy???

markie

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2004, 11:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by Arthwys:
  that most people aren't even voting for the president anymore.  They're voting for the person
Is the president not a person?

Please go back to the start and say what you were trying to the first time.

ggw

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2004, 11:19:00 pm »
What Arthwys was trying to say is that when things are this divided, people retreat to their ideologies and vote for whichever candidate unit best meshes with these ideologies, irregardless of the fact that one can't quite decide what he does or doesn't support and the other one isn't the swiftest boat on the Mekong.

I thought they both looked and sounded horrible.

markie

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2004, 11:25:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

But you are coming from the viewpoint of bush fanboy? If you come in undecided or for Kerry I think you would see it differently.

So what he was saying is they will kneejerk to the parties of their parents. Oh joy!

poorlulu

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2004, 11:30:00 pm »

i don't think kerry sounded horrible...........but it's nice to know you thought bush did.............

ggw

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2004, 11:35:00 pm »
Really?

Bush was expected to stutter and repeat himself until the yellow light came on and he could safely stop and nod his head.  And that's exactly what he did.

Kerry was expected to look strong and take the offensive.  Instead, he shifted from foot to foot, leaned back, looked defensive, tried to turn a foreign policy debate toward talk of tax cuts and education spending and basically repeated his talking points almost as much as Bush did (albeit much more articulately).  But he still reinforced the perceptions of him (Global Test?) and didn't outshine Bush as much as was anticipated.

Originally posted by Deepak Chopra:
 If you come in undecided or for Kerry I think you would see it differently.

markie

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2004, 11:39:00 pm »
  Really?.........

.......didn't outshine Bush as much as was anticipated.

[/QB][/QUOTE]

But he did clearly outshine Bush.

May I ask who you will vote for? If its for the Republicans, I would love to know why?

ratioci nation

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2004, 11:46:00 pm »
I think the times Kerry was repeating his talking points was because those were his defensive lines against flip flopping charges which Bush kept using as his answer to everything.  I don't think Kerry repeated anything as much as Bush said hard work and full of hatred.  If I remember correctly he diverted the attention to education and tax cuts twice and they were hardly substantive discussions of those issues.  

And what is so wrong with the global test line anyway?  The fact that Bush gave a simpletons reply to that of "We aren't going to let the rest of the world decide what we do" just shows what is fundamentally wrong with his administration.  Does anybody think that we will have much staying power in the long run if we make like Fleetwood Mac and go our own way.

I really expected Kerry to do much worse, and thought he did a good job, he stuck on message without sounding like that is all he could do.