Author Topic: Press pass questions  (Read 3980 times)

flashback8

Press pass questions
« on: December 28, 2005, 11:28:00 pm »
Hi.  A member of a band headlining at the 9:30 in a few weeks has promised that he'll get my name added to the press list.  Can anyone here answer the following questions?

-What exactly do I do?  I'm guessing I need to go up to the booth on the right of the doors (facing the street), show ID, etc.
 -Will I be given some sort of sticker or laminate or whatever?
 -Do I still need a ticket to get in?  (I have one already.)
 -Will I be allowed to go up near the stage (or even off by the side) or will I have to fend for myself?
 -Will I be allowed to put my bag somewhere, or am I on my own?

If I seem like an amateur, well, I am.  I just caught a lucky break with these particular fellows and am trying to pick up whatever info I can.  Don't worry, I'll show up with appropriate equipment and a professional attitude!  I'm just new to concert photography and want to make sure I don't embarass myself.

Thanks in advance!  I'll post pic links here if I get good ones and the band and club say it's okay.

Black Sugar

Re: Press pass questions
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 12:53:00 am »
this is life
 this is

my house

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 01:28:00 am »
whoa

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 04:23:00 am »
Originally posted by flashback8:
  -What exactly do I do?  I'm guessing I need to go up to the booth on the right of the doors (facing the street), show ID, etc.
 -Will I be given some sort of sticker or laminate or whatever?
 -Do I still need a ticket to get in?  (I have one already.)
 -Will I be allowed to go up near the stage (or even off by the side) or will I have to fend for myself?
 -Will I be allowed to put my bag somewhere, or am I on my own?

go to the guest list window.  through most of the show, it's the window to the left of the doors if you are facing the club.  show id, and they will give you a photo pass, and a ticket if the band leaves you one.  if the band doesn't give you a ticket, you still need one.  the photo pass does not grant you entry, just the ability to bring your gear in.  

the specifics of the pass and what it grants you are different every night.  you can ask any member of the door staff what the pass means that night.  most nights, photo passes are allowed to shoot a certain amount of songs (usually the first three).  if there's a barricade up, you can usually shoot from there for those songs, or until you are asked to leave by the door staff running the barricade.  if there's no barricade, you are usually on your own.

after your allotted songs, you must put your camera away.  we will gladly check it in for you and keep it in our office.  just ask at the front desk.

flashback8

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 03:03:00 pm »
Hello.  Thanks a lot for the help!  I really appreciate it and look forward to shooting at the club.

beetsnotbeats

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 05:10:00 pm »
Originally posted by flashback8:
  ...and look forward to shooting at the club.
Uh oh! Better not tell you be betty's parents!   :eek: