Author Topic: Peeved...?  (Read 12633 times)

Sir HC

Re: Peeved...?
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2007, 11:33:00 am »
Originally posted by alice the cat:
  Loud eaters...  I cannot stand them.  Lip-smacking, slurping, open-mouth chewers make my skin crawl.
+1 and added hell if they sip/slurp their drinks.

Sir HC

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2007, 11:38:00 am »
People who go through an entire transaction at a store without stopping a telephone conversation, made worse with the startrek/schizo earpieces (if you can not tell the derranged from the people on their cellphones there is a problem).  Classic was at a pharmacy where the woman in front of me was play-by-playing the whole thing to someone on her phone while talking about getting busted with pot in her car (not hers).  Another classic was someone doing this at a Jiffy Lube.  I said to the lady behind the counter after the lady left how rude, and she said one day she would pull the earpiece out.

Bags

« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2007, 11:41:00 am »
Originally posted by xneverwherex:
  i think ive become a lot more bitchy and less tolerant after living in this city for over a year.
xneverwherex, you're becoming a real New Yorker!!!  

[And don't bother with the retorts, peanut gallery -- most of my extended family is from/lives in Manhattan and Westchester, so just chill...]   ;)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2007, 02:03:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bags:

Originally posted by xneverwherex:
  i think ive become a lot more bitchy and less tolerant after living in this city for over a year.
xneverwherex, you're becoming a real New Yorker!!!  

[And don't bother with the retorts, peanut gallery -- most of my extended family is from/lives in Manhattan and Westchester, so just chill...]    :)  my california laid-backness is disappearing.

heres another one that gets on my nerves. People who insist on standing in front of the doors on the subway and never moving an inch, even tho it isnt their stop. Meanwhile, the train is beyond packed and everyone starts pushing and shoving to make sure they don't miss their stop. Cant people just get out of the way for 2 secs to let others off and then reclaim their 'spot'.

This is a regular occurrence on the downtown c/e line at 42nd stop during rush-hour. Uptown is a little better.
HeyLa

bikerchickdc

« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2007, 03:44:00 pm »
How about people who think their purse/laptop/backpack/whatever deserves the extra seat more than a human does? I see this on the subway, the bus, the airport waiting areas, anywhere that there are seats. If you see that there are people standing, grow some manners, move your bag, and let someone else enjoy a seat. Note to Nasty Lady on the Sacramento Airport shuttle to the rental cars last Tuesday night: it's 1 am Eastern time, I've been in airports or airplanes for 9 hours now, and I can guarantee you that your purse is nowhere near as tired as I am. Move your bag or I am sitting on your lap. Ho.