Author Topic: Caps/Flyers Tickets?  (Read 1698 times)

dfmcpete

Caps/Flyers Tickets?
« on: December 30, 2005, 11:00:00 am »
I'm looking to go to the caps/flyers game tomorrow (12/31). capstickets.com seems to be sold out of cheap options. Anyone know the likelihood of tickets being available at the box office tomorrow/scalpers around MCI having reasonable (under $30) tickets?

HoyaSaxa03

Re: Caps/Flyers Tickets?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 11:05:00 am »
just go to the scalpers ... i've been getting club tickets for $50 a piece all season ($90 face), i'm sure you can get lower prices from them if you want it, but the club section is really nice, worth the extra $20 ... i guess the only issue is whether the scalpers will be out on NYE, and i'm guessing they will be
(o|o)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 11:39:00 am »
GO FLYERS!
FUKIT

dfmcpete

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 01:07:00 pm »
Thanks... Is it generally best to get there before the game (it's a 1:00pm start) or during?

I used to get Phillies tix in the 2nd inning for like 50% of face value, but I'm not familiar with the MCI/Caps scene.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 01:23:00 pm »
Well obviously after the start of the game, the value of the ticket starts to decrease. Now, how long is the magic value point is a question no one can answer, but I'll guarantee you'll get a cheaper price 15 minutes after faceoff then you will 30 minutes before.

MaLo

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 02:06:00 pm »
wow..i didn't know tomorrow was such a hot ticket

i have my company's tickets...they're in the club level center ice

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 02:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by dfmcpete:
  Thanks... Is it generally best to get there before the game (it's a 1:00pm start) or during?

i've always gotten them about an hour before the game, so i'm sure the deals will be even better a little after faceoff
(o|o)

myuman

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 09:23:00 am »
I remember peter gabriel a few years back.... thought I'd drop by and get some cheap tix... didn't happen.  There just weren't enough tix out there.  Plenty of tickets at the box office, but I wasn't paying that much.  So can you wait until after face-off?  There still has to be tix available on the street.  You figure there are 20k possible seats.  Maybe 18k are already filled.  1.5k of these are corp./rich owned and they just aren't showing.  Then a lot are "scalped" before the game... you might not be talking that many tix available after face off.  I'd say your chances are good, but it's not always a sure thing, and if you miss half the first period (esp. with the caps)... what's the point in sitting down when the score is already 3-0?

kcjones119

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2006, 02:26:00 pm »
Ended up being a great game, shootout and what have you.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 06:20:00 am »
Originally posted by RatBastard:
  GO FUCK YOURSELVES FLYERS!
YEAH!!!!