Author Topic: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO..........  (Read 49086 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO..........
« Reply #210 on: January 25, 2023, 03:04:53 pm »
Volodymyr Zelenskyy is 45 today.  mnohaya lita!
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #211 on: January 30, 2023, 06:59:27 pm »
phil collins is 72 years young today.

just saw a recent pic of him... fingers crossed he makes it to 73 :-(
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #212 on: January 30, 2023, 07:36:40 pm »
phil collins is 72 years young today.

just saw a recent pic of him... fingers crossed he makes it to 73 :-(
The footage of those Genesis concerts from last year (or maybe it was two years ago) was painful to watch.
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #213 on: January 30, 2023, 07:43:12 pm »
It’s bizarre how badly some people age. It’s not as if Phil was ever a big drug user. Yes he was an alcoholic for a while. I guess he took too many pain meds for a while. Played the drums too much…..wore himself out in the 80s….dude was everywhere. Even after reading his autobiography-and the last third was painful- it wasn’t clear to me what he did wrong other than marry the wrong women. His friend Clapton, for example was a bad heroin, cocaine and alcohol addict for two decades and yet aged nowhere near as badly. I think some people are just lucky (better genes) and are able to withstand the abuses more. I mean I think Phil was a relatively clean guy compared to the Keefs and Jimmy Pages of the world.

Anyways happy birthday Phil!

Yada

« Reply #214 on: January 31, 2023, 10:51:33 am »
It’s bizarre how badly some people age. It’s not as if Phil was ever a big drug user. Yes he was an alcoholic for a while. I guess he took too many pain meds for a while. Played the drums too much…..wore himself out in the 80s….dude was everywhere. Even after reading his autobiography-and the last third was painful- it wasn’t clear to me what he did wrong other than marry the wrong women. His friend Clapton, for example was a bad heroin, cocaine and alcohol addict for two decades and yet aged nowhere near as badly. I think some people are just lucky (better genes) and are able to withstand the abuses more. I mean I think Phil was a relatively clean guy compared to the Keefs and Jimmy Pages of the world.

I mean, does anything matter other than luck and genes at this point? You're either dealt a good hand or a bad hand... One bad hiccup can fuck things up for a long time if not ever.

Space Freely

« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2023, 10:57:49 am »

I mean, does anything matter other than luck and genes at this point? You're either dealt a good hand or a bad hand... One bad hiccup can fuck things up for a long time if not ever.

The study of longevity genes is a developing science. It is estimated that about 25 percent of the variation in human life span is determined by genetics, but which genes, and how they contribute to longevity, are not well understood.

https://medlineplus.gov/genetics/understanding/traits/longevity/

Starsky

« Reply #216 on: January 31, 2023, 11:19:13 am »
It’s not just longevity but quality of life….

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #217 on: January 31, 2023, 06:07:28 pm »
philip glass is 86 years young today.

bonus trivia: he was born in ol' bawlmore!  his dad owned a record shop (wiki doesn't say which one, or where) and was an avid consumer of music, which deeply influenced philip.
<sig>

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #218 on: April 03, 2023, 03:26:46 pm »
...the cell phone 50 years old today.

While cell phones would not be available to the average consumer for another decade...

Ha! More like 25 years for average Joe.

“I was not surprised that everybody has a cell phone,” Cooper, now 94, told CNN. “We used to tell the story then that someday when you’re born you would be assigned a phone number. If you didn’t answer the phone, you would die.”
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #219 on: April 03, 2023, 05:01:57 pm »
Ha! More like 25 years for average Joe.

i'm an average joe in this regard: i got my first cell almost exactly 25 years ago (still have the same number).  although we should specify that "joe" is north american.  i distinctly remember europeans being way ahead of us in this regard.  i was traveling to euroland regularly for work at the time and all my euro-buddies were shocked that americans had such a low cell adoption rate.  we eventually caught up, some 5 years later.
<sig>

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #220 on: April 03, 2023, 05:39:09 pm »
Still have my 301 code from my first phone in 2004, and I hope to keep it if (when?) I move to California. I almost got a job at UCLA which has area code 310. I'd almost consider changing numbers to avoid confusion, but if it's someone I know my number will be in the contacts anyway.

Now I wonder what rando has my number as a 310?
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #221 on: April 06, 2023, 04:26:39 pm »
... Tool's debut album, Undertow, which is 30 years young today!
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #222 on: April 06, 2023, 04:51:33 pm »
... Tool's debut album, Undertow, which is 30 years young today!

Don't think I've ever heard it, but happy birthday , debut album.

Space Freely

« Reply #223 on: April 29, 2023, 07:38:13 pm »
Willie

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #224 on: April 29, 2023, 08:02:54 pm »
wo