Author Topic: DC9 "official" opening, free drinks  (Read 5728 times)

jkeisenh

Re: DC9 "official" opening, free drinks
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2004, 10:19:00 am »
Who went, and what was it like???  I stayed in 9.30 for Weird War, who was in fine form last night.

"I like this music!"

That is, of course, except for those annoying frat boys up front.  what the hell was their deal?

Guiny

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2004, 10:37:00 am »
Originally posted by Chimbly Sweep:

That is, of course, except for those annoying frat boys up front.  what the hell was their deal?
They were probably having a good time.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2004, 10:52:00 am »
Originally posted by Chimbly Sweep:
  Who went, and what was it like???  I stayed in 9.30 for Weird War, who was in fine form last night.

I decided to stay and give Weird War another chance.  I hated them at the Ted Leo show.  I thought they were pretty good last night.  I wouldn't go out of my way to see them, but if they're opening for someone, I'd check them out again.

ggw

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2004, 11:05:00 am »
The National were very good, Weird War was great fun, and the Walkmen......oh, *sigh* the Walkmen.  I guess it just wasn't their night.  I kind of felt bad for them.  But not so bad that I felt any compunction about leaving halfway through their set.

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2004, 11:12:00 am »
When you all speak of "annoying frat boys", how do you know the people you're referring to are in fraternities. Do they all have Greek-lettered sweatshirts on?

And how many fraternity members do you personally know? Do you know enough of them to stereotype every last one of them the way you seem to do?

ggw

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2004, 11:20:00 am »
They may not have been in a fraternity, but they were definitely in a "crew" or a "posse."

Thirsty nabbed their secret hand sign.

mankie

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2004, 11:47:00 am »
Originally posted by Rutherford J. Balls:
  When you all speak of "annoying frat boys", how do you know the people you're referring to are in fraternities. Do they all have Greek-lettered sweatshirts on?

And how many fraternity members do you personally know? Do you know enough of them to stereotype every last one of them the way you seem to do?
Try Georgetown, or any given sports bar for that matter, and you'll see they are all tarred with the same brush....the annoying wanker brush.

jkeisenh

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2004, 12:13:00 pm »
So, did *anyone* go to DC9??

btw-- props to The Walkmen for touring with the world's most rickety piano.  I could just see the ghost of some dead grandmother rise from it as it was played...

Guiny

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2004, 12:15:00 pm »

I was wondering the same thing, maybe all the people that are annoyed by frat boys were actually frat boys when they were younger and just miss their "Glory Days".

mankie

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2004, 12:20:00 pm »
Originally posted by Rob_Gee_a.k.a _Guiny:

I was wondering the same thing, maybe all the people that are annoyed by frat boys were actually frat boys when they were younger and just miss their "Glory Days". [/b]
Or maybe those defending frat boys are ex-frat boys who refuse to grow up.

Celeste

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2004, 12:36:00 pm »

yeah, what about the Tri Lambdas?

Medusa

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2004, 12:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by chimblysweep:
 [QB] So, did *anyone* go to DC9??

I was there!  It was tons of fun and I loved every moment.  Great to see a crowd there, and lovely seeing Bags again!  :)

Cheers

DJ Medusa.

allmy$to930

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2004, 01:36:00 pm »
What a wonderful place...Although, I am regretting a few of those free beers right now.

Get more music in the jukebox and you are damn near perfection.

Bravo to the owner.

Guiny

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2004, 01:37:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
 Or maybe those defending frat boys are ex-frat boys who refuse to grow up. [/QB]
I dont think we were defending them, just wanted to know how you knew they were frat boys. I know i couldnt pick one out by just looking at them. But i guess from experience of being a frat boy you guys can.   :cool:

Guiny

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2004, 01:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by Harriet Balls:
 yeah, what about the Tri Lambdas? [/QB]
NERDS! NERDS! NERDS! NERDS! NERDS! NERDS!