Author Topic: Attention Footie fans!  (Read 3101 times)

mankie

Attention Footie fans!
« on: July 15, 2003, 09:36:00 am »
Hey smackie!  :D  

Fancy going to see Blackburn Rovers V DC United next Wednesday? We could finally have a pint together before you 'eff off to San Fran (you lucky bastard) My favourite city in the USA.

Damien Duff may be a Chelsea player by then but at least we can see Andy Cole fire it over the bar a few times!!! I wish to God United would drop the Rohnaldino McDonaldino interest and just sign Duff, and be done with it!

Anyway, let me know.

bungle bud

Re: Attention Footie fans!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 09:49:00 am »
fire it over the bar, dont you mean kick it to the corner flag  :D

mankie

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2003, 10:04:00 am »
Originally posted by bungle bud:
  fire it over the bar, dont you mean kick it to the corner flag   :D  
Actually, over the bar then it slices back to the corner flag...I was just being lazy with the comment!

Barcelona

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 11:02:00 am »
I'll be at the Barcelona - Milan game in DC on the 30th. Not that any team will be especially motivated during these games in the US (too early in the season, but it is always nice to yell at the former president of the club and ask for his trial).

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 12:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  Hey smackie!   :D  

Fancy going to see Blackburn Rovers V DC United next Wednesday? We could finally have a pint together before you 'eff off to San Fran (you lucky bastard) My favourite city in the USA.

Damien Duff may be a Chelsea player by then but at least we can see Andy Cole fire it over the bar a few times!!! I wish to God United would drop the Rohnaldino McDonaldino interest and just sign Duff, and be done with it!

Anyway, let me know.
I am absolutely up for that!  It would be great to meet the mankster - live and in person!

And did you hear who else will be at Stamford Bridge with Duff?
27>34

mankie

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2003, 12:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

I am absolutely up for that!  It would be great to meet the mankster - live and in person!

And did you hear who else will be at Stamford Bridge with Duff?

[/b]
Looks like the Russian billionaire is trying to buy just about everyone! Veron may go to Stamford Bridge..then I think the reds will get Raul from Madrid.

vansmack

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2003, 01:34:00 pm »
  Looks like the Russian billionaire is trying to buy just about everyone! Veron may go to Stamford Bridge..then I think the reds will get Raul from Madrid.
Yep, it looks like Man U is cutting their losses with Veron (paid 28 to get 14 - jesus!)  and I mentioned Raul to a friend a ways back and he said "absolutely not! that's like United selling Beckham"  No shit.
27>34

Barcelona

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2003, 02:30:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

Yep, it looks like Man U is cutting their losses with Veron (paid 28 to get 14 - jesus!)  and I mentioned Raul to a friend a ways back and he said "absolutely not! that's like United selling Beckham"  No shit. [/b]
I'd like to see Raul with United, but I see this not happening. He loves too much Real Madrid. In Madrid he is god, he is above Beckham, Ronaldo, Zidane and Figo combined. He is seen as the little kid from Madrid who has managed to stay above this world stars and who has taken Madrid back to its glorious years (I can't believe I am saying this). Madrid would lose all its personality if he were to leave, they would end up getting into a huge crisis. He sort of keeps things into persepective, if he leaves, the only thing left would be a band of money seekers with no love for the (ugly white) colors.

lily1

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2003, 05:10:00 pm »
i'll be at both games. give a holler to when and where before the games and i'll buy you a pint smackie, since you and the smackette are soon departing dc for sunny cali.

mankie

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2003, 10:26:00 am »
Chelsea and Blackburn have evidently agreed on a fee for Damien Duff. 17million quid!

God I wish United had gone for him instead of the goofy Brazilian plonker!

vansmack

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2003, 10:46:00 am »
  God I wish United had gone for him instead of the goofy Brazilian plonker!
I second that.  Duff is amazing.
27>34

mankie

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2003, 12:27:00 pm »
Hey smackie....word from home.

Barcelona have outbid United for the goofy one, while Chelsea have made 17m quid offer for Duff which his contract states he can now talk with other teams, and he doesn't want to leave the North West. Ferguson is a huge fan of Duff so it just might end up the way we want it to....a long shot, but you never know!!

vansmack

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2003, 12:32:00 pm »
  Hey smackie....word from home.

Barcelona have outbid United for the goofy one, while Chelsea have made 17m quid offer for Duff which his contract states he can now talk with other teams, and he doesn't want to leave the North West. Ferguson is a huge fan of Duff so it just might end up the way we want it to....a long shot, but you never know!!
I read that too.  By all accounts, it looks like Duff wants to play for United and knows that if he waits on the Buck-teeth deal to fail, he can slide in.  the problem is, Buckteeth wants to play in the Chapions League and he won't get that at Barca.

I'd rather have Duff.
27>34

mankie

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2003, 12:37:00 pm »
I completely agree....I think the only thing that is swaying Fergie towards el'goofo is in preparation for European games. I would like to remind Sir Alex that Duff was Irelands shining star in the world cup, so he does have international experience.

By the way, don't you yanks ever take the piss out of us Brits for our teeth, just take a look at your neighbours to the south!