Author Topic: Selling CDs  (Read 3130 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Selling CDs
« on: July 23, 2004, 10:51:00 am »
I'm sure this has been discussed already here, but...

Where are the best places in the area to sell CDs and get the most return on the product?
T.Rex

Re: Selling CDs
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 10:53:00 am »
Good question.

Between CD Game Exchange, CDepot, and Soundgraden, I've gotten the most from Soundgarden, least from CD Game Exchange. Of course, price the give and level of pickiness tend to be very correlated.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 10:54:00 am »
Back on the junk again, eh Kosmo?
 Just kidding!

Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  I'm sure this has been discussed already here, but...

Where are the best places in the area to sell CDs and get the most return on the product?

ggw

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 10:54:00 am »
Has anyone sold to CD Cellar?

I've acquired way too many CDs and am thinking of paring back the collection.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2004, 11:01:00 am »
kosmette's selling the duplicates between our collection, and i've been told we can never get divorced now... based on her research secondspin.com is playing between $3 and $5 for a cd, but one has to factor in shipping.  

anyone sell to either CDepot or Joe's?
T.Rex

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2004, 11:03:00 am »
   and i've been told we can never get divorced now...  
Just make sure you get her so sign the pre-nup!

sonickteam2

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 11:03:00 am »
yeah, from my exp.  Soundgarden gives you the most money, but they also pass on the most product. They will give you $4 avg on your discs, but they will only buy like MAYBE 50% of them.  

whereas Record and Tape Traders will but every non scratched disc you bring to them, but only for like $2 avg.

or you could sell em on Ebay if you have more time. which is what I'd do.

eltee

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2004, 12:08:00 pm »
I sell to CD Cellar - make about $5 each on average. I'm sure I could make more or online, but don't have time for that. I've been going to CD Cellar for years. You get cash or a discount on purchase. I always get sucked in and buy more cds.

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2004, 12:25:00 pm »
way less than 50% of mine, unfortunately

Originally posted by sonickteam2:
  yeah, from my exp.  Soundgarden gives you the most money, but they also pass on the most product. They will give you $4 avg on your discs, but they will only buy like MAYBE 50% of them.  

whereas Record and Tape Traders will but every non scratched disc you bring to them, but only for like $2 avg.

or you could sell em on Ebay if you have more time. which is what I'd do.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2004, 12:31:00 pm »
or prehaps we could setup a trading forum... were we can post a list of cds we want to sell/trade and make matches that way, since most of us buy new cds with our trade anyways.
T.Rex

grotty

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2004, 12:33:00 pm »
  or prehaps we could setup a trading forum... were we can post a list of cds we want to sell/trade and make matches that way, since most of us buy new cds with our trade anyways.
I'd use.

Dr. Anton Phibes

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2004, 12:55:00 pm »
Originally posted by Sugartastic Tee Silk:
  I sell to CD Cellar - make about $5 each on average. I'm sure I could make more or online, but don't have time for that. I've been going to CD Cellar for years. You get cash or a discount on purchase. I always get sucked in and buy more cds.
>>>> I have to agree with the Tee Silk......I always take mine to the Cellar when the time comes.....I also have sold a shitload of DVD's to the place.....pretty fair price and they have taken damn near everything I bring to them!

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2004, 12:58:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  I've acquired way too many CDs ...
There's no such thing as "too many CDs".

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2004, 01:16:00 pm »
well actually there is... i've got dozens of cds i no longer listen too or care to own, the problem is i know i wont get back enough to justify selling them or i didn't pay much for them to begin with and wont get anything back for them in return.  now if cd /game exchange pays two bucks regardless maybe thats one way to go.  or setup a swap site   ;)
T.Rex

redsock

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2004, 01:45:00 pm »
  well actually there is... i've got dozens of cds i no longer listen too or care to own, the problem is i know i wont get back enough to justify selling them or i didn't pay much for them to begin with and wont get anything back for them in return.  now if cd /game exchange pays two bucks regardless maybe thats one way to go.  or setup a swap site    ;)  
I think kosmo is really interested in setting up a swap site.