Author Topic: DEVO - Lets hear some chatter folks  (Read 16777 times)

Kalsgo

Re: DEVO - Lets hear some chatter folks
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2005, 09:13:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:
  It was kind of funny when the video intro screwed up.  Not so funny when I realized there would be no visuals at all.  Everything they played was great.  They just didn't play enough of it.  I couldn't believe they walked off the stage after 50 minutes.  The encore pushed it to just over an hour, but it was still way too short.

I won't post any attempt at a setlist.  Better to leave it as a surprise for those going tonight.  I will say that it was about 85% from the first 3 records.

Like bearman said - It was a good show, but it coulda been great.  Hopefully, they'll at least get the video working tonight.

Kalsgo

« Reply #106 on: August 15, 2005, 10:25:00 pm »
Saturday was a great show (while it lasted) but I was in disbelief when they only played for an hour. So in disbelief that I continued to stand there, even as the roadies secured equipment (surely they were going to come back out!).  I kinda felt like they didn't care too much for their fans.  The $55 dollar ticket price seemed exorbitant, considering their stage show was stripped down to the bare minimum.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2005, 05:32:00 am »
Originally posted by J'Mal:
  can a person ever be "clearly in the wrong" when it's just one person's word against another's?
sometimes it's pretty clear what's going on no matter what each side says.  most times, however, it's impossible to tell.  which is why i give the option of everybody leaving, or everybody acting like adults and enjoying the show.  it usually works.

palahniukkubrick

« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2005, 08:34:00 am »
sunday's show was outstanding. I felt very satisfied when I left. Was surprised how guitar-based the music was, I always thought it was mostly keyboards. Lots of wierdos, but they were harmless. was upset they didn't play 'turnaround' but I wasn't expecting them to. Liked the DJ setlist before the show, good selections. anyway, good show.

spudb0y

« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2005, 07:02:00 pm »
Saw Devo in 1978+- at Painters Mill outside of Baltimore,again in 1980 or 81 at Merriweather Post and then Sunday night. To some 55 bucks may seem high but I'd be glad to spend that again and even drive hundreds of miles to do it.I'm 51 years old and I can't jump around like I used to,neither can anyone else.The show Sunday may not of had the "showmanship" of past shows but,to this Spud,the music was why I went,and the music is why I'll travel far distances to see Devo.Hopefully they'll   tour this area again. The days of the Ontario Theater and $5 concerts of Talking Heads,B-52s,The Police, The Cramps,Pearl Harbor ,and The Insect Surfers are over.Give me Devo in a setting like Sunday and I'll give you $55 any day.

SPARX

« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2005, 07:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by spudb0y:
  Saw Devo in 1978+- at Painters Mill outside of Baltimore,again in 1980 or 81 at Merriweather Post and then Sunday night. To some 55 bucks may seem high but I'd be glad to spend that again and even drive hundreds of miles to do it.I'm 51 years old and I can't jump around like I used to,neither can anyone else.The show Sunday may not of had the "showmanship" of past shows but,to this Spud,the music was why I went,and the music is why I'll travel far distances to see Devo.Hopefully they'll   tour this area again. The days of the Ontario Theater and $5 concerts of Talking Heads,B-52s,The Police, The Cramps,Pearl Harbor ,and The Insect Surfers are over.Give me Devo in a setting like Sunday and I'll give you $55 any day.
Right on Spudboy!! I too have to drive hundreds of miles to get to the 930 so it definitely limits your shows and makes you choose more wisely. Having also seen them at the Merriweather show and then seeing the setlist they played over the w/end, I certainly admit to being upset at myself for not making the trek out for that one.Almost forgot about shows at Painters Mill. I went to a few there but the one that stands out for me was The Police tour in 80.It was right around the time the 3rd release was out I believe.Anyway, glad you enjoyed it. Long live Akron's finest!!