Author Topic: Slán go fóill  (Read 10581 times)

vansmack

Slán go fóill
« on: July 18, 2003, 12:00:00 pm »
Hello all.

As most of you know, Smackie's moving to San Francisco on August 1 with Smackette.  We are planning a little going away happy hour/cocktail hour next Friday, July 25th to say goodbye.  Some of you have already been invited because I had your email address, others were not because the forum now uses private messages instead of email addresses and I didn't get the chance to write your email address down before the upgrade.

Therefore, if you would like more information, please send me a private message from the link above or email me at vansmack@msn.com.

Cheers and I hope most of you can make it.
27>34

markie

Re: Slán go fóill
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2003, 12:13:00 pm »
I will go, but only if you promise to drink your own body volume in Guiness.

mankie

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2003, 12:29:00 pm »
I was going to go but now scientist markie wk is going I think I'll pass.   ;)  

Are you still going to the Rovers game next Wed?

vansmack

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2003, 12:32:00 pm »
Originally posted by mankie:
  I was going to go but now scientist markie wk is going I think I'll pass.    ;)  

Are you still going to the Rovers game next Wed?
Yes, and I think we should share a pint at the Lucky bar if you're red lining in or at the capital lounge if you blue or orange line in.  If you're driving, the you name the place.
27>34

mankie

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2003, 12:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:

I was going to go but now scientist markie wk is going I think I'll pass.     :D

vansmack

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2003, 12:42:00 pm »
  What time in the Lucky Bar...and what color carnation will you be wearing?   :D  
I'm thinking 5:30-6ish.  And depending on the outcome of the Duff deal, I may be wearing my Irish national jersey (since they delayed the damn black kit!).
27>34

mankie

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2003, 01:07:00 pm »

What time in the Lucky Bar...and what color carnation will you be wearing?    :D  
I'm thinking 5:30-6ish.  And depending on the outcome of the Duff deal, I may be wearing my Irish national jersey (since they delayed the damn black kit!). [/b]
You know Duff didn't fly out with the team right?

vansmack

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2003, 01:42:00 pm »
  You know Duff didn't fly out with the team right?
Yes, but he checked his bags in and nearly boarded the plane before being told to stay in England.  He can come out before Wednesday or catch up with United while he's out here.   ;)
27>34

mankie

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2003, 01:48:00 pm »

Yes, but he checked his bags in and nearly boarded the plane before being told to stay in England.  He can come out before Wednesday or catch up with United while he's out here.    ;)  

[/b]
I like your thinking. Number 7 would be a good number for him don't you think? He may even get to knob a spice girl too!!!

I read that Fergie was holding out for him until next year when he thought he could get him for much less.....maybe they'll shell out the dosh form him early rather than lose him to Chelsea, which he does not want to go to. The boy doesn't want to move to London, which I can't say I blame him...shite beer, cockney's and Aussies!  ;)

vansmack

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2003, 02:10:00 pm »
  I like your thinking. Number 7 would be a good number for him don't you think? He may even get to knob a spice girl too!!!

I read that Fergie was holding out for him until next year when he thought he could get him for much less.....maybe they'll shell out the dosh form him early rather than lose him to Chelsea, which he does not want to go to. The boy doesn't want to move to London, which I can't say I blame him...shite beer, cockney's and Aussies!   ;)  
He won't wear 7, but with gigsy in 11, he'll have to find a new number.  He wears 9 for the national team so maybe he will choose that.
27>34

mankie

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2003, 10:38:00 am »
Smackie...strong indication Goofy-fecker will be introduced as the new signing for Barca on Monday (they're welcome to him) so it looks like United will be turning their attentions onto stealing Duff from Chelsea.....I just may have to go to church on Sunday if you know what I mean!!

vansmack

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2003, 12:16:00 pm »
  Smackie...strong indication Goofy-fecker will be introduced as the new signing for Barca on Monday (they're welcome to him) so it looks like United will be turning their attentions onto stealing Duff from Chelsea.....I just may have to go to church on Sunday if you know what I mean!!
I'm going to church too (if you know what I mean).  Apparently it will keep me from going to hell.
27>34

mankie

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2003, 12:19:00 pm »

I'm going to church too (if you know what I mean).  Apparently it will keep me from going to hell.

[/b]
A bit to late for me! A catholic priest already condemned me.  :(

vansmack

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2003, 11:27:00 am »
  A bit to late for me! A catholic priest already condemned me.   :(  
But that's the beauty of Catholicism, you can go to confession right before you die and still get into heaven.  And extreme amounts of tidings never hurt either.

Anyhow, Ron gone, bring on Duff!
27>34

Barcelona

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2003, 12:54:00 pm »
So, Ronaldinho ended up in Barcelona, I hope he is that good. Finally, it looks we might get out of recent years' misery. What is Manchester United doing with all the money from Beckham's transfer to Madrid?