Author Topic: The Evens rollcall!  (Read 3522 times)

ggw

Re: The Evens rollcall!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2004, 10:47:00 am »
Note to patrons at the Warehouse: please turn off your cell phones during the show.

thank you

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2004, 10:52:00 am »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:
  Note to performers at Warehouse: please stand up so that more than the front three people can see.

Yeah - I saw the chair on stage and thought - uh-oh - that's not good.  I'm pretty tall (at least 6'1"). I was maybe 5-6 feet from the stage and I still had a really hard time seeing either of them.  

Fun show though.

jkeisenh

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2004, 10:53:00 am »
Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought one of the cell-phone noises at the beginning that was conveniently timed was actually coming out of the effects set-up they had in the back for one of the later songs.

Though I did hear two other phones ring-- those were real.

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Note to patrons at the Warehouse: please turn off your cell phones during the show.

thank you

skonster

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2004, 11:00:00 am »
The sirens outside during 'mt. pleasant isn't' was a nice touch as well.  I actually enjoyed this show more than their Coachella appearance.  Better venue for the sound and they actually played more than they talked.  

Quails were fun as well.  I felt sort of bad that so many people took off after the Evens, but I don't think that was a surprise.

ggw

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2004, 11:02:00 am »
  Maybe I'm crazy, but I thought one of the cell-phone noises at the beginning that was conveniently timed was actually coming out of the effects set-up they had in the back for one of the later songs.

Though I did hear two other phones ring-- those were real.

I'm sure it was just coincidental.  I was standing next to the guy while he fumbled in his pocket to turn it off.

jkeisenh

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2004, 02:28:00 pm »
One more question... while I'm at it... still haven't met anyone from the board, thus have to wonder...
 are any of you hoodlums the guys trying to flag cabs that in a sleepy drunky state i told my life story to last night?

just wondrin', out of curiosity.

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2004, 02:33:00 pm »
Yes, I particularly enjoyed the tale about your affair with a transsexual.

One more question... while I'm at it... still haven't met anyone from the board, thus have to wonder...
 are any of you hoodlums the guys trying to flag cabs that in a sleepy drunky state i told my life story to last night?

redsock

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2004, 02:33:00 pm »

Nope... I was the tall dude handing out flyers to BigYawn. Kinda hard to miss. Were you on a bike?

Oh, you should come out to the BY party and introduce yourself... many of us will be there it appears.

ggw

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2004, 02:37:00 pm »
I was hanging in the back and left after the Evens.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2004, 05:09:00 pm »
I know there were at least 2 people taping the Evens' set last night.  I'd love to get a copy, if anyone has access to one.

Jaguär

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2004, 02:21:00 am »
Originally posted by Sacktastic Bag O' Nuts:
  Yes, I particularly enjoyed the tale about your affair with a transsexual.

[/b]
Rhett, I had no idea that Chimbly Sweep was another one of your alters! Man, you really got me on that one.