Author Topic: franz ferdinand (AGAIN)  (Read 6374 times)

Bags

Re: franz ferdinand (AGAIN)
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2004, 10:11:00 am »
If it sells out by this evening, I was fated not to see them and I don't have to rush back from Jersey...

Venerable Bede

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2004, 10:18:00 am »
bags, same here. . gonna get them tonight.

saw the video for "take me out" on mtv this morning. . .it joins "float on" by modest mouse on mtv's "buzzworthy" vidoes.
OU812

joeavrage

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2004, 10:21:00 am »
Just bought six... didn't want to take the chance cause my friends would kill me. Still, I'm betting they won't sell out for a couple of days

lily1

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2004, 10:33:00 am »
my  coworker just bought 6 on line as well...

Originally posted by Random Citizen:
  Let the games begin.

Random Citizen

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2004, 10:33:00 am »
It's always iffy on shows like this that are recipients of a lot of publicity. This reminds me of when the Shins came to town and a lot of people were first surprised they were doing two shows...then were surprised that both shows sold out.

megs

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2004, 12:38:00 pm »
i bought mine at approximately 10:02 a.m.   :D

Random Citizen

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2004, 04:11:00 pm »
Well, looks like FF may have gained a bit of street cred...

From XFM Online:

Fight Music - Franz And D12 Fight It Out

Tempers flair at a recording of the German version of Top Of The Pops as Franz Ferdinand clash with D12's "wrestler" bouncers before ending up "enveloped by flab" upon impact.

Franz singer Alex Kapranos explain has explained how the fracas ensued following a recording of their single 'Matinee' at the studios where the two bands were filming the German version of TOTP.

"I walked past a chink in the curtain and Eminem was doing his rehearsal," Kapranos told MTV. "This bouncer went. 'Hey you, keep walking', or something like that. Because of the attitude he had, I said, 'Say's who?' And this 28-stone guy is like, 'Says me'. Then it was such a like comedy moment.

"He came lumbering toward me like those old kind of wrestlers and we kind of collided and I thought I was going to go flying, but I just ended up being enveloped by all this flab. And then we just parted gently.

"Next thing, everybody round me just went nuts and I think Glen [Franz tour manager] knocked his hat off and Nick [McCarthy, guitarist] punched him in the face and then all these like security guys came and pulled him away. It was like school or something."

In other Franz news, the band told Xfm in a recent interview that they thought that the next release from their world-beating debut album may be fan-favourite 'Michael' and revealed that there would be a live DVD coming out soon. For the full interview click here.

Next week: Keane and 50 Cent duke it out in Austria.

Bags

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2004, 07:42:00 pm »
Got tickets at the box office -- oh the money I saved!

Asked about best guesses on when the show will sell out, and the box office guess (note, folks, it's a GUESS) is about four days.

brennser

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2004, 11:28:00 pm »
got my tix this evening as well - looking forward to it

megs

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2004, 10:13:00 am »
oh dear, oh dear. just saw franz ferdinand are in the "buzzworthy" section at mtv.com. the teens shall be out in force at this one!

Bags

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2004, 10:15:00 am »
Yeah, I'm not too psyched at the prospect of this sold out show.  And yet, I won't miss them due to the 'buzz.'

Darth Ed

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2004, 10:16:00 am »
I stopped by the box office last night before Q and Not U to buy some tickets. The lady in the box office said Franz Ferdinad is about half way to a sell out. She expects it to sell out in three more days (as of last night). Just FYI...

myuman

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2004, 10:52:00 am »
Originally posted by megs:
  oh dear, oh dear. just saw franz ferdinand are in the "buzzworthy" section at mtv.com.
Perusing Mtv.com were we... one of the deadly sins...one below watching it on mtv however.

megs

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2004, 03:26:00 pm »
Originally posted by myuman:

Originally posted by megs:
  oh dear, oh dear. just saw franz ferdinand are in the "buzzworthy" section at mtv.com.
Perusing Mtv.com were we... one of the deadly sins...one below watching it on mtv however. [/b]
yes, yes i know. shame on me. inexcusable, really.

joeavrage

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2004, 03:27:00 pm »
Can I just say that I feel like a total tool that I sat there clicking away and paying $30 in tickets.com fees to get my six tix when I could have strolled over to the club any time during the last two weeks since they *still* have not sold out.  :)
 I will *never* be able to predict this sh*t!