Author Topic: grog & tankerd  (Read 23306 times)

mankie

Re: grog & tankerd
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2003, 02:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by SueAndNotU:

I'm sorry, did you say something?  I was too busy thinking about how cool I was for living in DC.

Truth be told, I'm just being sarcastic about DC.  My only city pride is for Austin, TX.  I am one of those people everyone hates who talks about how everything is better in TX.  I really don't care about the difference between Arlington and DC.

[/b]
I'm sorry, you must be mistaken...Manchester England is the best city in the world...tons of history, wonderful Victorian architecture, great mass-transit, Culture coming out the ying yang...and the best music scene and football team you'll find anywhere.  :)  

I've been to TX...not impressed with Dallas Ft. Worth or San Antonio whatsoever...Austin seemed like it might be a decent town although I wasn't there long enough to find out for certain.

manimtired

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2003, 02:51:00 pm »
ya dude! suburbs suck!! im from NOVA...

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2003, 02:52:00 pm »
How much house you have and what are you paying? You must have bought awhile ago. I don't see anything I want in DC or 15 mins away from DC at an affordable price. Gotta look further out.

Originally posted by mankie:
  I have nothing against living in DC other than I can have twice the house for a quarter of the price outside of DC...and still be within 15 minutes of the 930 club, Cleveland Park and other places I like to hang out.

jadetree

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2003, 02:52:00 pm »
Originally posted by manimtired:
  ya dude! suburbs suck!! im from NOVA...
so where would you like to live, dude

manimtired

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2003, 02:54:00 pm »
im doing just fine in my townhouse in arlington...thanks for asking.

jadetree

« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2003, 02:55:00 pm »
  im doing just fine in my townhouse in arlington...thanks for asking.
isnt it hard living so close to a city that sucks

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2003, 02:56:00 pm »
Austin has one of the best music scenes in the country, miles ahead of DC. I'm sure Sue would back me up on that one. But we've already had that debate on here before.

Originally posted by mankie:

Originally posted by SueAndNotU:

I'm sorry, did you say something?  I was too busy thinking about how cool I was for living in DC.

Truth be told, I'm just being sarcastic about DC.  My only city pride is for Austin, TX.  I am one of those people everyone hates who talks about how everything is better in TX.  I really don't care about the difference between Arlington and DC.

[/b]
I'm sorry, you must be mistaken...Manchester England is the best city in the world...tons of history, wonderful Victorian architecture, great mass-transit, Culture coming out the ying yang...and the best music scene and football team you'll find anywhere.   :)  

I've been to TX...not impressed with Dallas Ft. Worth or San Antonio whatsoever...Austin seemed like it might be a decent town although I wasn't there long enough to find out for certain. [/b]

manimtired

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2003, 02:56:00 pm »
yes

sueandnotu

« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2003, 02:59:00 pm »
[/qb][/QUOTE]I'm sorry, you must be mistaken...Manchester England is the best city in the world...tons of history, wonderful Victorian architecture, great mass-transit, Culture coming out the ying yang...and the best music scene and football team you'll find anywhere.   :)  

I've been to TX...not impressed with Dallas Ft. Worth or San Antonio whatsoever...Austin seemed like it might be a decent town although I wasn't there long enough to find out for certain. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I overstated my case...Dallas and Houston are both miserable highway-crammed pits.  In my opinion.  But Austin...ah...as they say down there "On Earth as it is in Austin."  Haven't been to Manchester, unfortunately, but I'm willing to let you give it the crown for your side of the Atlantic.

jadetree

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2003, 03:01:00 pm »
  yes
I can see why you enjoy it then

manimtired

« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2003, 03:03:00 pm »
um, ya. are you one of those kids that moved to DC from the suburbs and cant get enough of it?

jadetree

« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2003, 03:05:00 pm »
  um, ya. are you one of those kids that moved to DC from the suburbs and cant get enough of it?
not really a kid, but I lived in both cities and suburbs before moving to DC, and I have lived in Rockville, Alexandria, Arlington and DC while here, DC being the best by far in my opinion

manimtired

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2003, 03:06:00 pm »
so yes, you are one of those people. just checking.

jadetree

« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2003, 03:07:00 pm »
  so yes, you are one of those people. just checking.
you dont read so well huh

mankie

« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2003, 03:07:00 pm »
New York is my favorite US city...New Yorkers are great...it's the only city I've been to stateside that you can have a normal conversation with a total stranger in a coffee shop, bar, on the street etc. Try that in DC..they're either too important to talk to you, or to scared to talk to you.