Author Topic: just announced  (Read 9009 times)

wingelbert humptyback

Re: just announced
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2003, 11:53:00 am »
i've been heavily considering attending SnoCore just to see Dredg, and now that is appears they are opening, I think I will. It really was just a matter of whether or not I'd have to sit through Hot Water Music in order to hear them.

jadetree

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2003, 04:17:00 am »
So pollstar now says Adam Green indeed will be opening for Ben Kweller along with Kings of Leon who are described as Southern Garage Rock by Rolling Stone who included them in their next wave feature at the beginning of the year.<P>Pollstar is also listing Concrete Blonde with The Twinemen on 4/4 at 9:30.<P>And unfortunately The Vines on 4/15.<p>[This message has been edited by jadetree (edited 02-14-2003).]

sonickteam2

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2003, 08:43:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wingelbert humptyback:<BR><B>i've been heavily considering attending SnoCore just to see Dredg, and now that is appears they are opening, I think I will. It really was just a matter of whether or not I'd have to sit through Hot Water Music in order to hear them.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR> yes yes! i hear Dredg is way great live.  it should be a treat. it is too bad HWM and Glassjaw are there. i remember when Snocore was at much larger venues....they had lots of cool stuff, but i suppose that didnt work out for them.<P>

lily1

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2003, 02:21:00 pm »
really? oh hell yeah!  <P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B>Pollstar is also listing Concrete Blonde with The Twinemen on 4/4 at 9:30.<BR>[This message has been edited by jadetree (edited 02-14-2003).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

paige

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2003, 02:38:00 pm »
but you should really be going to see glassjaw. duh.<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B> <BR> yes yes! i hear Dredg is way great live.  it should be a treat. it is too bad HWM and Glassjaw are there. i remember when Snocore was at much larger venues....they had lots of cool stuff, but i suppose that didnt work out for them.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

happiness is all the rage

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2003, 03:57:00 pm »
did anyone see Something Corporate last night at nation? ooooh i wanted to go... but alas, i couldn't. sigh.

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2003, 12:08:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B> <BR> yes yes! i hear Dredg is way great live.  it should be a treat. it is too bad HWM and Glassjaw are there. i remember when Snocore was at much larger venues....they had lots of cool stuff, but i suppose that didnt work out for them.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hm. I hadn't heard anything about their live performances.. Maybe now I'll have to go. <P>I actually don't hate HWM, but the vocals really start to get under my skin quickly. All in all, Dredge really seems like a weird fit on that bill... I imagine there are gonna be a lot of people eager for them to finish. <p>[This message has been edited by wingelbert humptyback (edited 02-16-2003).]

Barcelona

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2003, 12:34:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jadetree:<BR><B> <BR>There are never a lot of stable countries in South America, and I would think that Ecuador would be one of the safer countries in the world to go to in terms of the Iraq situation. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>and in the 20th century, most of the times, the US has been one of the main reasons to keep these countries unstable (Chile, El Salvador, Nicaragua...). Oh well, this is nothing new.<P>And I am not criticizing Americans or the US as a whole, I am just criticizing most, if not all, the governments you have had in the last few decades.<p>[This message has been edited by Barcelona (edited 02-16-2003).]

markie

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2003, 07:27:00 pm »
And this week we have announced.....<P>F@#$ ALL<P>A-Phile<BR>w/ Moodroom & Weapons for Peace<BR>@ Fletcher's â?¢ Baltimore, MD<BR>    SAT. MAR. 15<BR>$8.00 <BR>  <BR>  <BR>The Lloyd Dobler Effect & Jonasay<BR>w/ Welbilt<BR>@ 9:30 Club â?¢ Washington, DC<BR>A Budweiser True Music Event. Note New Date! All 3/13 Tickets Honored.<BR>    SAT. MAR. 29<BR>$10.00 <BR>  <BR>  <BR>The Mooney Suzuki<BR>w/ Loudermil & The Realistics<BR>@ Fletcher's â?¢ Batlimore, MD<BR>    FRI. APR. 11<BR>$10.00 <BR>  <BR>  <BR>Dar Williams<BR>@ 9:30 Club â?¢ Washington, DC<BR>    FRI. APR. 18<BR>$25.00 <BR> 

walkman

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2003, 07:54:00 pm »
The Mooney Suzuki<BR>w/ Loudermil & The Realistics<BR>@ Fletcher's â?¢ Batlimore, MD<BR>FRI. APR. 11<BR>$10.00 <P>YES.  The band is 100% rock and roll.  Noel and Liam can go smoke a joint and fuck themselves, because the Mooney remember how great stolen power chords can be AND live on this side of the pond.<P>Saw them in October with Stellastarr and Sahara Hotnights and was shaken by the hips.<P>

Relaxer

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2003, 08:01:00 pm »
Awwwwww yeah,<BR>The Yeah Yeah Yeahs with The Kills. Two great bands at the Black Cat. I'm lining up for it right now.
oword

sonickteam2

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2003, 10:54:00 pm »
I think Pete Yorn will be playing on 5/13.<P> i hope i hope<P>anyone verify?

ggw

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2003, 11:07:00 pm »
The Mooney Suzuki<BR>The Raveonettes<BR>Longwave<BR>White Light Motorcade<P>The Tavern - American University<BR>March 19, 2003

Random Citizen

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2003, 12:20:00 am »
That's correct.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sonickteam2:<BR><B> I think Pete Yorn will be playing on 5/13.<P> i hope i hope<P>anyone verify?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

wingelbert humptyback

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2003, 11:56:00 am »
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Veranda">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ggw:<BR><B>The Mooney Suzuki<BR>The Raveonettes<BR>Longwave<BR>White Light Motorcade<P>The Tavern - American University<BR>March 19, 2003</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Is this a students only thing? I'd definitely like to see Longwave again.