Author Topic: Death Cab for Cutie?  (Read 9321 times)

Bags

Re: Death Cab for Cutie?
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2005, 10:25:00 am »
Originally posted by chimbly sweep:

Originally posted by Bags:
  I picked up tickets at the box office yesterday, and ran into Fico and SalParadise.  According to the box office, tickets looked likely to sell out yesterday, or they will today.  Show isn't even officially announced yet!
I got mine too...
 But I wouldn't be surprised if they added a date.  Both Death Cab and 930 seem to be free on 10/24 as well... [/b]
As long as it's not a Saturday show they add...that'd piss me off, with these Sunday tickets in hand.  [No, I haven't looked at the 9:30 schedule...]

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2005, 10:25:00 am »
I'd doubt a date adding. I believe DCFC has like 3 consecutive nights before DC, then the off day, then another show in Philly. I think it's just a set off-day for the tour since they don't seem to play 5 nights in a row.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2005, 10:28:00 am »
nah they'll add a late show  ;)
T.Rex

Bags

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2005, 10:32:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  nah they'll add a late show   ;)  
Oooh, if that made mine an early show, I'd be all over that!   ;)

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2005, 10:40:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:
  I picked up tickets at the box office yesterday, and ran into Fico and SalParadise.  According to the box office, tickets looked likely to sell out yesterday, or they will today.  Show isn't even officially announced yet!
Do they sell club tickets @ merriweather.  I seem to recall a 9:30 club table near the main entrance...?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2005, 10:42:00 am »
yes... there is a booth on the right side of the pavallion near 932, there maybe another... it maybe service charge free or the standard dollar per ticket.
T.Rex

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2005, 10:54:00 am »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:
  yes... there is a booth on the right side of the pavallion near 932, there maybe another... it maybe service charge free or the standard dollar per ticket.
thanks.  if the dcfc tix are still avail, that'll work nicely.

jkeisenh

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2005, 01:59:00 pm »
ok, so the new album...
 am i the only person who's pissed off and creeped out at the FBI ANTI-PIRACY WARNING logo on the album?  Since when did DFCF care?  Yeah, I know, the label put it there, but still... that's not what the band is about...

I'm a pirate.  I dare the FBI to come after me.  Yarr.

vansmack

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2005, 02:01:00 pm »
  ok, so the new album...
 am i the only person who's pissed off and creeped out at the FBI ANTI-PIRACY WARNING logo on the album?
Is this the first album you've bought in the last 2 years?
27>34

xcanuck

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2005, 04:29:00 pm »
I picked up the new BRMC CD and was quite upset to see that it's got an FBI anti-piracy warning on it, too. I assume this means that it's copy protected and you can't rip it onto your iPod.

I would've taken the CD back if I had known before I opened it up. This really pisses me off. I guess I won't be buying the new DCFC cd either.

brennser

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2005, 04:35:00 pm »
so can you or can't you rip it to your pc/ipod?

ok, so the new album...
 am i the only person who's pissed off and creeped out at the FBI ANTI-PIRACY WARNING logo on the album?  Since when did DFCF care?  Yeah, I know, the label put it there, but still... that's not what the band is about...

jkeisenh

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2005, 04:35:00 pm »
I wouldn't be too concerned.  For the sake of experiment (and experiement only) I ripped the DCFC album to my Nomad and made a copy of it.  Both play fine.  (The copy has since been destroyed, let's say.)

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2005, 04:45:00 pm »
I've never had a problem ripping/burning FBI warning'd CDs, but I do think they ruin the artwork, even if it's the back artwork.

nkotb

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2005, 05:07:00 pm »
What is Death Cab about?  It doesn't seem too far of a leap for a band on a major label that's played on the OC.  

ok, so the new album...

joeavrage

« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2005, 05:22:00 pm »
This  is how I decide whether I'm going to pay for a CD or not. No "Plans" for me (thanks Bittorrent). I'll buy a ticket for the show instead.