Author Topic: drive by shooting  (Read 5830 times)

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
Re: drive by shooting
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2005, 09:36:00 am »
Originally posted by callat703:
  seems like the real problem of the developing area rearing its head.  obviously there are going to be lots of people in the wrong place at the wrong time; i just wonder how long the area will remain that way.  It seems that the nightlife is springing up so fast that the city will have to respond in some way.
I suspect it has nothing to do with it being a "developing area" and everything to do with nightlife.
_\|/_

Sage 703

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2005, 09:51:00 am »
well, i think that they go hand in hand.  You don't have the nightlife in that part of town without the fact that the area is developing - you bring in more people doing less savory things later at night.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2005, 09:57:00 am »
  well, i think that they go hand in hand.  You don't have the nightlife in that part of town without the fact that the area is developing - you bring in more people doing less savory things later at night.
How dare you not simplify things down to one, solitary issue we can make a scapegoat!?! Next thing you know, you'll be saying the Civil War was about more then just slavery.

• my blog
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2005, 10:12:00 am »
Actually, having been there and seen it, I can assure you that the nightlife, and the problems, came long before the development.
_\|/_

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2005, 10:14:00 am »
Because Doom knows.

palahniukkubrick

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2005, 10:16:00 am »
BEN'S CHILI BOWL

Sage 703

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2005, 10:22:00 am »
Doom, you missed my point.  I'm not claiming that the problems never occured prior to the development or new nightlife; my point is that as the development and nightlife continue to become more prominent in that part of town, there will likely be more instances of people being in the wrong place at the wrong time - innocent bystanders that get caught up in this kind of violence.  

Add to the fact that the more people you add into any area late at night who have been drinking, etc (which you cannot possibly argue hasn't happened in the last few years in that part of town), the more likely it is for problems to arise, and you just have a situation that is going to need to be addressed.

• my blog
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2005, 10:30:00 am »
Well ok, that's true!
_\|/_

Fico

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2005, 10:39:00 am »
tough to hear considering the fact I'm a new resident of the area..I'm at 11th btw. V&W

• my blog
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2005, 10:46:00 am »
I'm hoping a bit more violence will drive down housing prices temporarily so I can buy another condo...
_\|/_

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2005, 11:14:00 am »
Originally posted by pickup:
  BEN'S CHILI BOWL
Usually I find this response hilarious, but it totally doesn't fit this thread. B- for the effort though.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2005, 12:45:00 pm »
Well, I wuz hangin wid my homies, smok'n sum shit y'all, and "Rhett the threat" was jiv'n bout cap'n sum brothas ass. I thought he was goin back to his fag days so never axed him who, but maybe sumwun was fuckin wi' his bitch "Celeste the breast"

Sage 703

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2005, 01:15:00 pm »
so I was filled in that apparently this wasn't a drive by shooting, but instead, it was an old fashioned gang shootout on the sidewalk itself.  even better.  jesus h.

Guiny

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2005, 02:43:00 pm »
Originally posted by kosmo vinyl:

Originally posted by eddie:
  It might be Finch's fault.  One of their crew guys was saying that someone got shot down the street last time they were here.  Is there some kind of East Coast - West Coast punk war going on?
Is there still lingering bad blood between Finch and Disturbed because of the fight last year?  I guess Disturbed fans are living up to their bands name.... And if it was related you can be sure it was a bunch suburban "punks" involved.

http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1489884/08022004/finch.jhtml [/b]
From that article it sounds like Finch is a little jealous. He wants to shoot somebody in the fu#$king head cause their music is better than his.....gotta be a better solution.

helicon1

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2005, 02:48:00 pm »
  so I was filled in that apparently this wasn't a drive by shooting, but instead, it was an old fashioned gang shootout on the sidewalk itself.  even better.  jesus h.
I think I'd prefer a gang shootout over an old-fashioned drive-by... At least you know there is a definete target rather than random shots.