Author Topic: they ruined my movie  (Read 1830 times)

walkonby

they ruined my movie
« on: August 16, 2007, 05:31:00 pm »
no not halloween, because that one actually looks interesting, but one of my top five, favorite movies.  the lost boys may look dated now, after the ten hundredth time watching it, but to make a straight-to-dvd sequel makes me hate hollywood finally.  and now i hear rumours that the coreys will be in it, because of the popularity height of their show.  anyone else have their grail of great films ruined by the money making mitts of the production company man.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: they ruined my movie
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 05:35:00 pm »
That show is popular? They're showing 2 brand new episodes at a time now, they're trying to get rid of that train wreck.

But I watch it. Dammit.
‼‼?‼‼

walkonby

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 05:39:00 pm »
see.  if that thing gets any bigger than the five minute, sanjaya movement, the movie sequel might go to the big screen with jami gertz and a much larger dianne wiest, guest shots.

nkotb

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 10:12:00 am »
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I thought the Hollywood remake of The Hills Have Eyes actually improved on the original.  

I really like the first film, but the fact that they kept the original storyline almost word for word while expanding slightly made it aces in my book.

Shadrach

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 10:20:00 am »
Whatever you do, don't watch Roadhouse 2... awful.

Relaxer

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 10:21:00 am »
The Lost Boys will always be a classic in my mind. For some reason, opening night in small-time Oregon was a very big deal, and all the punkers, metalheads, stoners, brains and jocks came together as one for an evening of Jason Patric, Jami Gertz and the Coreys. Seriously, I remember thinking that everyone from my high school was crammed into that theater.

And after that, everyone was listening to the soundtrack for the next six months.
oword

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 10:40:00 am »
Slightly off-topic (well, it had one of the Coreys in it), but whatever happened to that "Goonies" sequel?  I thought everyone was on-board for that.

Brian

walkonby

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 11:19:00 am »
Originally posted by Brian Wallace:
  Slightly off-topic (well, it had one of the Coreys in it), but whatever happened to that "Goonies" sequel?  I thought everyone was on-board for that.

Brian
the goonies is my number 1 favorite film.  if they ever sequeled it, i would go postal.  the movie sequel idea for it from long ago was scraped and turned into a video game for the original nintendo instead.  that game is one rare game!

nkotb

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2007, 11:22:00 am »
Man, I loved that game!  Have you heard the Advantage's version of the theme song?  Awesome.

One thing that still kills me about the Goonies is the right vs. the octopus.  I don't get why the octopus is a deleted scene on the DVD, yet Data clearly mentions it when they finally meet up with their families.  I wonder why that was never fixed in editing.

Originally posted by walkonby:
 the goonies is my number 1 favorite film.  if they ever sequeled it, i would go postal.  the movie sequel idea for it from long ago was scraped and turned into a video game for the original nintendo instead.  that game is one rare game!

walkonby

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2007, 11:32:00 am »
Originally posted by nkotb:
  Man, I loved that game!  Have you heard the Advantage's version of the theme song?  Awesome.

One thing that still kills me about the Goonies is the right vs. the octopus.  I don't get why the octopus is a deleted scene on the DVD, yet Data clearly mentions it when they finally meet up with their families.  I wonder why that was never fixed in editing.

Originally posted by walkonby:
[/b]
i saw an interview with steven about that very topic.  it was cut because it did not fit the "motif" of pirates and caves and "booty traps; that's what i said."  plus it was left in as a mention by data at the end, because data loved to blow up every situation out of proportion, so it would just look like he was making that up.

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 12:50:00 pm »
Originally posted by Shadrach:
  Whatever you do, don't watch Roadhouse 2... awful.
it had me until they said that jake busey killed dalton.  unacceptable.