Author Topic: spoon cancels so they can play with the shins at merriwe  (Read 27070 times)

Bags

Re: spoon cancels so they can play with the shins at merriwe
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2007, 10:23:00 pm »
Originally posted by Fadger:
  also - the sneakiness of sending out this email late on a Friday should not be overlooked. What a let down on so many levels
I bought Spoon tickets at the club, so of course didn't get an email.  And I've been out of town, so have just learned of this via the email blast.

Monday shows suck, and Monday shows in MD.  Shit.

Though, I think IMP is doing the best for folks who bought tickets -- considering I paid $21 at the box office, and can upgrade to Pavillion for only $10 more, which is the same as a new lawn ticket.

But, of course, I have no desire to see The Shins.  Actually, when I first read about the change, I assumed The Shins were opening for Spoon.  Not kidding about that...   ;)

Bags

« Reply #136 on: August 23, 2007, 10:28:00 pm »
Originally posted by tigers scare me:
  but what about the Ponys?
OH SHIT, THAT'S RIGHT!  It was the Ponys I wanted to see the MOST!!!!!

Man oh man.

Bags

« Reply #137 on: August 23, 2007, 10:36:00 pm »
Originally posted by TheDirector217:
 there's one very simple solution.  If you get just hammered enough, being in the GA pit will be an experience akin to the floor @ 9:30
Except that we have to drive 45 minutes home.  No 'hammered' on that Monday night...

[Clearly I've been out of town and am just reading all of this, responding very late...}

I haven't finished reading the whole thread, but you know this whole switcheroo is not just IMP trying to fill a bigger venue.  This is a big opportunity/boost for Spoon, too, to play to a crowd of 15,000 rather than two nights at the club.  And while I can hear some of you whining that it's unfair to play to a bigger 'disinterested' crowd rather than a small club of dedicated fans, don't you realize it's the JOB of a band to BUILD its fanbase???

And for Spoon, gambling on Shins fan is a pretty damn good gamble.

Bags

« Reply #138 on: August 23, 2007, 10:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by nkotb:
    Anyone want to sell a set of Spoon tickets for face value?
If any of my posse don't want their ticket, I'll sell my $20 ticket and you can exchange it for a $30 pavillion seat (or Pit).

Speaking of Pit, does this mean they're reserving the whole pit for club ticket holders?

Also, when do pavillion seats go on sale?  How do we get a good seat (my seat position may determine whether I go...).

anarchist

« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2007, 12:44:00 am »
can the shins really fill mpp?  seth probably had to beef up the bill.  can the shins and spoon really fill mpp?

TheDirector217

« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2007, 09:36:00 am »
Originally posted by anarchist:
  can the shins really fill mpp?  seth probably had to beef up the bill.  can the shins and spoon really fill mpp?
No.  And no.  I'll slam a $100 on the table on that @ 2:1 odds.  Who's bitin'???

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2007, 11:42:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:
 Speaking of Pit, does this mean they're reserving the whole pit for club ticket holders?

Also, when do pavillion seats go on sale?  How do we get a good seat (my seat position may determine whether I go...).
They're already on sale.  The pit isn't just for club ticket holders.  You can still buy pit tickets from TM.  They seem to have plenty.

vassego

« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2007, 03:15:00 pm »
I'll refrain from stating a long, drawn-out opinion.  I'm not happy, but I appreciate what Seth does, and I think IMP always tries to do best for us.

My question is: How are people receiving these emails? I'm on the 9:30 newsletter list, and don't remember seeing it there, but I'm not on Spoon's.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2007, 04:45:00 pm »
Originally posted by vassego:
  My question is: How are people receiving these emails? I'm on the 9:30 newsletter list, and don't remember seeing it there, but I'm not on Spoon's.
I'm pretty sure it was in the recent 9:30 email blast.  I imagine it also went to people who bought tickets online.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2007, 11:16:00 am »
Why is tickets.com still selling tickets for the now canceled 930 Spoon shows??
(_|_)

ggw

« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2007, 12:00:00 pm »
Originally posted by wanderlust featuring j. marshmallow:
The Shins have agreed to move their shows to the 9:30 Club where they will open two nights for Spoon.

frazman

« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2007, 12:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:

Originally posted by wanderlust featuring j. marshmallow:
The Shins have agreed to move their shows to the 9:30 Club where they will open two nights for Spoon. [/b]
If only . . . .what an improved arrangement that would be

vassego

« Reply #147 on: August 25, 2007, 12:38:00 pm »
Originally posted by Bombay Chutney:

Originally posted by vassego:
I'm pretty sure it was in the recent 9:30 email blast.  I imagine it also went to people who bought tickets online. [/b]
Thanks.  Maybe if it was a blast, I just skipped that part...oh well.  I rarely buy my tickets online, which could also be why I didn't see any emails.