Author Topic: front row seats? am i the only one?  (Read 11130 times)

TheDirector217

Re: front row seats? am i the only one?
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007, 04:09:00 pm »
Originally posted by pdx pollard:
  how the hell do you people enjoy going to shows at big venues, I will never understand what people get from that
No killer seats i.e. 1st 20 (at worst, prefer 5 - 15 rows back) rows = No Director

I find it hard to believe every group you like/would pay to see live only performs in theater-sized venues.

And to answer your question, what you get out of it, is a priceless night you remember for the rest of your life where one can let loose, party, sing, dance (if you wish), & kinda make time stop for an hour and a half.  Two+ with encores.  That's all.  Nothing special.
  :roll:

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2007, 04:14:00 pm »
I'm sorry, but I am a seat WHORE.

With seated shows for someone I really like, I will guarantee myself in the front 5 rows. Aside from that, I usually have good Ticketmaster karma.
Woof.

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2007, 04:20:00 pm »
I don't find it hard to believe, knowing Pollard's tastes. Some people, like Pollard, actually discover and see bands multiple times before they ever get to the theater-sized venues.   ;)  

Originally posted by TheDirector217:

Originally posted by pdx pollard:
  how the hell do you people enjoy going to shows at big venues, I will never understand what people get from that
I find it hard to believe every group you like/would pay to see live only performs in theater-sized venues.

[/b]

ratioci nation

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2007, 04:59:00 pm »
Originally posted by TheDirector217:
on the occasions bands I like start playing big venues, I stop attending, thats why I make sure to see them when they are at smaller venues

the biggest venue I have been in the last 10 years is DAR, and only for the Pixies and Wilco/Sonic Youth, Pixies was a letdown for me, and that was the last wilco show I will ever attend, the best wilco show for me was the 9:30 show in september of 2001 before yankee hotel foxtrot came out, not a snobbish thing, just the best experience I had at one of their shows

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2007, 05:25:00 pm »
well i dont think ive had first row seats (aside from broadway shows - which is entirely different) to any concerts ive been to.

but the last time i saw morrissey at the apollo theater - i had the very top row/last row in the entire theater. we were so far back it was pretty funny. the only good news is this time its at hammerstein. no worries on that.

cant wait to see where my cure seats are at MSG. unless i get pit tix for most these shows - i figure ill be way back. i had awful seats at oakland coliseum for the cure and DM last time they were around. cant be any worse.

oh i did have 5th row seats for tori in concord. best friend is a die-hard fan, which is how we ended up with those.
HeyLa

Vas Deferens

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2007, 05:35:00 pm »
Wow, how old again are you?? I was 1 year old in 1977!

Originally posted by bnyced0:
  Correction, first FRONT ROW show, my FIRST show was Led Zepplin and Judas Priest,  Kingdome Seattle July 17th, 1977, again Mom hooked me up big time.  

(_|_)

Mobius

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2007, 05:54:00 pm »
The only front row seats I can think of was R.E.M. at Merriweather in 89.  That was cool.  During the encore Mike Mills jumped off the stage and played right in front of us for a bit.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2007, 06:52:00 pm »
Ive been going to shows since the 70s so...

The shows that I can REMEBER having front row setas for were:

Aerosmith
 B52s
 John Prine
 Arlo Guthrie/Pete Seeger
 Steve Vai/Zappa Plays Zappa
 Rolling Stones
 Kid Rock
 Joe Jackson

Well thats all I can recall right now anyway...
FUKIT

bnyced0

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2007, 07:07:00 pm »
Well, older than you....I was a sprite 9 years old at this show...

Originally posted by wanderlust featuring j. marshmallow:
  Wow, how old again are you?? I was 1 year old in 1977!

Correction, first FRONT ROW show, my FIRST show was Led Zepplin and Judas Priest,  Kingdome Seattle July 17th, 1977, again Mom hooked me up big time.  

[/b]

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2007, 10:00:00 pm »
i had front row seats for Adam and the Ants and Wall of Voodoo at DAR about 22 years ago.

Think that's the only time for a seated show.

mdh9857

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2007, 10:33:00 pm »
Lisa Lampanelli at Lisner had 3rd Row Dead center.  And yes, she did make fun of my friends and I.

Was against the stage railing for P!ATD this past November at Patriot Center.

Never gotten a front row ticket though.

kookiemnstr8

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2007, 10:50:00 pm »
Springsteen on the Devils and Dust tour within the first ten rows.

Was given 13th row floor tickets by the Stones' "people" at their last D.C. show.  Three of my friends and I had bought tickets in the nosebleeds, obstructed view, the works, that were still seventy dollars.  A woman and a security guy approached us and asked, "How many in your party?"  We were with our moms, making it six people.  The security guy said "Nope, too many."  

We had no idea what they were talking about but I had a hunch that it had something to do with moving us up to better seats, because Springsteen does something similar at his shows.  I pulled the mom/daughter, music bringing people together card and ended up with $2400 worth of seats completely free.  One of my more memorable experiences at a show.

Relaxer

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2007, 11:28:00 pm »
Only front row seated show I've had was 1992 Steve Miller band. It was the weekend me and 3 of my buddies all graduated from college, and we scored the perfect front row, center stage tickets for the show. At the time, we were into the power acid thing, and we all took 4-5 doses each and just tripped out on Steve's ripples (he'd gained considerable weight) and on how shit-hot of a guitar player he is (or seemed to be).
oword

Random Citizen

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2007, 02:52:00 am »
Most of the shows in my concert-going history are general admission standing, so I've been in the front row many, many times.

However, I've yet to sit in the front row at a seated concert. I'm not that lucky.  :D  At the Ryan Adams & the Cardinals show in Seattle last month, I was six rows back. I'll be in the sixth row at the Crowded House/Pete Yorn show in Portland next week.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2007, 09:02:00 am »

Judas Priest was my favorite band after that for years, had Rob Halford plastered all over my walls, wasn't really clued into the gay thing back then, though in hindsight it's sooooo freekin obvious, heh?! [/QB]
I'm confused.  Zeppelin & Priest never played together.