Author Topic: bands that SHOULD retire? definitely!  (Read 10996 times)

miss pretentious

• ohai.
Re: bands that SHOULD retire? definitely!
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 02:16:00 pm »
velvet revolver.
nothx

sonickteam2

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 02:17:00 pm »
Originally posted by Julian, good manners AFICIONADO:

Originally posted by ggwâ?¢:
  Smashing Pumpkins
Their live show still completely kills and packs the house. If the fans like it, as clearly we do by buying up tons of tickets, then why should anyone else care?

This is kinda a stupid topic, because I'm sure the same applies for most bands mentioned. [/b]
uh oh , we hit a sore spot.

i'm waiting for someone to say Radiohead, but then again i am not sure they are still together!

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 02:19:00 pm »
Every band that played Virgin Fest should retire immediately, except Spoon. They should play the 9:30 Club and then retire.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 02:19:00 pm »
Originally posted by le sonick:

That's my point - anyone you say, it's going to be a sore spot to their fans. The only way you can say a band SHOULD retire is if NO ONE comes to their shows anymore. If people are still coming out, the band should quit because other people aren't coming anymore? Huh?

sonickteam2

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 02:21:00 pm »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Every band that played Virgin Fest should retire immediately, except Spoon. They should play the 9:30 Club and then retire.
we did just name most of the Virgin Festival bands

we can also add 311 and Incubus too then

i'll add:

Green Day
 Muse (i still love em, but the MCR tour ruined all cred they ever had)
 Death Cab for Cutie

sonickteam2

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2007, 02:22:00 pm »

That's my point - anyone you say, it's going to be a sore spot to their fans. The only way you can say a band SHOULD retire is if NO ONE comes to their shows anymore. If people are still coming out, the band should quit because other people aren't coming anymore? Huh? [/b]
so by that logic as long as anyone wants a band to reunite, they should and we should all be subjected to them all over again?

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2007, 02:24:00 pm »
 so by that logic as long as anyone wants a band to reunite, they should and we should all be subjected to them all over again?
Subjected to them? You act like bands are reuniting, breaking your windows, climbing into your bedroom and playing sets while you sleep.

There are lots of bands I hate and I manage to avoid them fairly easily. If their idiot fans enjoy them, good for them. I don't lose any sleep over it. That's why this is a stupid topic - what harm is there really in bands continuing to play past their prime?

bnyced0

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2007, 02:26:00 pm »

That's my point - anyone you say, it's going to be a sore spot to their fans. The only way you can say a band SHOULD retire is if NO ONE comes to their shows anymore. If people are still coming out, the band should quit because other people aren't coming anymore? Huh? [/b]
so by that logic as long as anyone wants a band to reunite, they should and we should all be subjected to them all over again? [/b]
How are you or anyone else subjected to anyone they don't want to be subjected to?

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2007, 02:28:00 pm »
  You act like bands are reuniting, breaking your windows, climbing into your bedroom and playing sets while you sleep.

If they'd just knock on the door like normal people, we wouldn't have this problem. But since they insist on breaking the windows...
nothx

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2007, 02:31:00 pm »
Originally posted by miss pretentious:

You act like bands are reuniting, breaking your windows, climbing into your bedroom and playing sets while you sleep.

If they'd just knock on the door like normal people, we wouldn't have this problem. But since they insist on breaking the windows... [/b]
Brandon Boyd don't play that way! He yells Pardon Me right in Mrs. Sonick's face every night! Oh, the horror! The ignominy!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2007, 02:41:00 pm »
i'm shocked that this thread has this many posts, and no one has mentionned the dave matthews band.  they definitely need to stop it.

rush is ripe for retirement.  they haven't done anything relevant in years.  ditto for pink floyd.  i LOVE both bands, but mostly for what they did 20+ years ago.  

i'm waiting for someone to say Radiohead, but then again i am not sure they are still together!
they're supposed to release a new album before the end of the year.  was that a serious comment/observation?  are there any rumors out there of a break-up?
<sig>

Sage 703

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2007, 02:46:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  i'm shocked that this thread has this many posts, and no one has mentionned the dave matthews band.  they definitely need to stop it.

rush is ripe for retirement.  they haven't done anything relevant in years.  ditto for pink floyd.  i LOVE both bands, but mostly for what they did 20+ years ago.  

they're supposed to release a new album before the end of the year.  was that a serious comment/observation?  are there any rumors out there of a break-up? [/b]
again, why retire if you still sell out every show that you play, and you enjoy it?

bnyced0

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2007, 02:47:00 pm »
  rush is ripe for retirement.  they haven't done anything relevant in years.  
Rush released something after Moving Pictures? I  didn't get the memo.

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2007, 02:48:00 pm »
  they're supposed to release a new album before the end of the year.  was that a serious comment/observation?  are there any rumors out there of a break-up?
That albums was supposed to come out in 2006 originally. It was then pushed back to 2007. The band confirmed last week it will not be out in 2007, and they clearly are not done recording.

There's no direct rumours of a breakup, but they clearly have taken time off and done solo/side projects. So, who knows if we ever see another thing from them?

walkonby

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2007, 02:48:00 pm »

they're supposed to release a new album before the end of the year.  was that a serious comment/observation?  are there any rumors out there of a break-up? [/b]
i'm surprised it has this many posts as well; most people ignore what i have to say . . . except to wonder what i think women's hoo hoo holes smell like.