Author Topic: fantasy football: a league of our own  (Read 289861 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: fantasy football: a league of our own
« Reply #300 on: August 21, 2008, 10:38:00 am »
Originally posted by BookerT:
  anyone else getting a looooong "connecting to server" message when they try to test the system for the draft?
yup, i never got past that yesterday.  maybe seeing that animated "connecting to server" image *is* the test?
<sig>

Shadrach

« Reply #301 on: August 21, 2008, 10:46:00 am »
  anyone else getting a looooong "connecting to server" message when they try to test the system for the draft?
Mine spins for about 3 seconds then says "Test Was Successful."

BookerT

« Reply #302 on: August 21, 2008, 10:55:00 am »
Originally posted by Shadrach:

Mine spins for about 3 seconds then says "Test Was Successful." [/b]
yeah, that's what i was afraid of. hmm. better tidy up those pre-rankings.

vansmack

« Reply #303 on: August 21, 2008, 12:04:00 pm »
Originally posted by sweetcell:
  right, but few people are going to have two defenses and two kickers occupying valuable space on their bench... so you trade, or swap, or check out undrafted players, etc.
Understood.  The whole idea of dropping somebody with an inkling of value for a rent a kicker or rent a D is an old way of doing business.  

In one league I'm in, we allow you to carry over your kicker numbers and D numbers from the previous week with a cap of 10 so you don't have to rent a K or D.  Maybe next season...
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #304 on: August 21, 2008, 12:33:00 pm »
Originally posted by vansmack:
 Understood.  The whole idea of dropping somebody with an inkling of value for a rent a kicker or rent a D is an old way of doing business.
calls for management decisions... part of the game, no?

and fyi, looks like my network is blocking access to the draft... the "now loading" bar gets to 90%, then stays stuck there.  

have fun without me  :(

what's my pick order?
<sig>

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #305 on: August 21, 2008, 12:42:00 pm »

calls for management decisions... part of the game, no?

and fyi, looks like my network is blocking access to the draft... the "now loading" bar gets to 90%, then stays stuck there.  

have fun without me   :(  

what's my pick order? [/b]
Fourth =/
nothx

killsaly

« Reply #306 on: August 21, 2008, 01:34:00 pm »
Mine doesnt seem to want to load.  hopefully my predraft picks were ok.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #307 on: August 21, 2008, 06:10:00 pm »
eh, i did so-so in the draft.  got brady, but paid a hefty price for not being online: pick 7 (kevin curtis) and pick 9 (bobby engram) are out with injuries.  had i been online, i wouldn't have picked them.  if i don't win first place, i blame this fact    :D     hope you guys & gals had some good banter during the draft.

i'm now short a WR - anyone want to trade?  vince young and donald lee are definitely available, others will depend on what's being offered.
<sig>

distance

« Reply #308 on: August 21, 2008, 08:01:00 pm »
i was given a C- for my draft last year and finished 4th.  my draft went way better this year so i hope to turn that into an end-of-season improvement as well as some cash.

BookerT

« Reply #309 on: August 21, 2008, 08:33:00 pm »
i couldn't get into the drafting module so i had a friend go in there for me while i advised him over g-chat. not ideal, but better than going strictly off the pre-rank list. i pretty much went with whoever fell to me and think it worked well. chad johnson and anquan boldin as my top two WR is a bit risky, but i'll trust track record over minor injuries/squabbles. and i'll leave the rest of the analysis to shadrach.

mrpee

« Reply #310 on: August 21, 2008, 09:39:00 pm »
who the hell is Derek Anderson? And why does he have a concussion? Sweetcell I'd be interested in talking to you about a WR trade. I'm interested in Vince Young. Joey Galloway? Maybe Brandon Marshall, though we might need to add future considerations for him.

Let me know...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #311 on: September 08, 2008, 09:07:00 am »
yeah, i'm really digging my first round draft pick of brady... loving it... EFF.  can i have vince young back now?

(i'm back from vacation, hope you enjoyed the calm)
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #312 on: September 08, 2008, 12:11:00 pm »
I'm interested in having the waiver/free agent process reviewed.  I've put my thoughts on the league board.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #313 on: September 08, 2008, 12:25:00 pm »
   can i have vince young back now?

With his torn MCL?
27>34

BookerT

« Reply #314 on: September 08, 2008, 12:30:00 pm »
  I'm interested in having the waiver/free agent process reviewed.  I've put my thoughts on the league board.
i agree with vansmack, but i also know that the vast majority of leagues use the simple "wild wild west" process when it comes to waivers/free agents. but it is, of course, ridiculous that top free agents should go to whoever's near a computer when a starter gets injured.