Author Topic: Death Cab for Cutie  (Read 1857 times)

Barcelona

Death Cab for Cutie
« on: February 26, 2004, 01:52:00 pm »
Death Cab for Cutie are playing this weekend in Barcelona. Some friends have asked me how good they are live. Any suggestion? Is it a good live band? energetic or too quiet? I have Transatlanticism and it is pretty good, but I am not sure what to expect from a show by them.

ratioci nation

Re: Death Cab for Cutie
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 01:58:00 pm »
seen them twice, and thought they were pretty boring live, but I know others (maybe Jmal) really liked them last time

bearman🐻

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 04:08:00 pm »
Saw them once with the Dismemberment Plan, thought they were better than the DP. Good band, supposedly nice guys. I'm going to see them when they come through.

jkeisenh

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 05:47:00 pm »
Their show this fall at the Black Cat could have been quite good, had it not been for so many stupid stupid people talking through the whole show.

aarrgh.

J'Mal

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 06:36:00 pm »
Saw them with DP, they were awesome, I wasn't very familiar with DP so I gave DP a chance, thought they sucked, went home upset that Death Cab didn't get the whole time.

Saw them again a short while ago at the Black Cat.

INCREDIBLE.  Works very well live.  People did talk way too much but that's more common at the cat.  I wish they'd play the shushmere.

vansmack

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2004, 01:34:00 pm »
I saw them really early on this most recent tour, and they weren't that tight, which is understandable.  The singer was a bit off key among other things.

Saw them on a Late Night TV show a few weeks later (don't remember which one) and the singer was still off key.

I don't know if this helps or not, but I was a bit disappointed by them live.  Love their recrded stuff though.
27>34