Author Topic: Stooges Pre-Sale Tomorrow 3/6?  (Read 13643 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Stooges Pre-Sale Tomorrow 3/6?
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2007, 11:43:00 am »
i'd donate money to a worthy cause to DJ this show  :D
T.Rex

RustyOrgan

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2007, 11:44:00 am »
I don't know about you guys but i think it's really selfish of Iggy Pop and the 9:30 Club for not making this show a Cal Robbins benefit. All shows should be Cal Robbins benefits.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2007, 11:48:00 am »
Originally posted by RustyOrgan:
  I don't know about you guys but i think it's really selfish of Iggy Pop and the 9:30 Club for not making this show a Cal Robbins benefit. All shows should be Cal Robbins benefits.
i would disagree, because if you stop and think about it, this would really create one of those proverbial "slippery slopes" ... i mean, can EVERY show be a Cal Robbins benefit show?  where do you draw the line!?

thought provoking post, though, just probably won't be able to happen.
(o|o)

RustyOrgan

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2007, 11:50:00 am »
If all shows were Cal Robbins benefits than the scalpers would be put out of business!!

Nietzsche

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2007, 11:52:00 am »
Based on recent pictures I've seen, I really hope Iggy keeps his shirt on during the show. And his pants...oh god, please let him keep his pants on.

RustyOrgan

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2007, 11:55:00 am »
I want Iggy to be FUCKING NUDE!
 BRING IT!!!

Vas Deferens

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2007, 11:55:00 am »
Funny review (see the bottom of page if you dont wanna read everything)

Iggy Pop  
 @ Brixton Academy, London, 13 July 2002  

A man leaps onto the stage at Brixton Academy without fanfare. Lights dim, the crowd screams and Iggy Pop is with us.

The first couple of songs are relatively new, from Mask and Beat 'Em Up to some contemporary ones I don't recognise. As it's a lunge into a more metal arena, with almost prog-rock guitar solos, power chords and much screaming, the crowd seem dubious and throw quizzical glances at each other.

Predictably, it's his return to the '80s classics that gives this audience a reason to scream, and surge and reach for this man of talent. Not to mention the primed body that just has no business on a man of his age.

Passenger and I Wanna Be Your Dog are both tight and heaving, Iggy diving from one end of the stage to another, his attention on everyone, his voice powerful, his feet lashing out and connecting with the heads of various security men around the pit.

After I Wanna Be Your Dog, Iggy throws himself into the crowd and like the rest of these demented fans I reach up for a piece and grab a hold of... HIS COCK!! It is large and I am afraid.

And the show continues in this vein (no pun intended)...
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2007, 11:56:00 am »
Originally posted by Joe M.:
  I found a link to a newsgroup (alt.music.iggy-pop) and there was a guy that posted the link there.
newsgroups - sooooo old school  :)  

nice work!  if i'm in town that night, i'd be happy to host a pre-party.
<sig>

froggylizzard

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2007, 11:57:00 am »
Scalpers don't give a shit! ... they'll still scalp the tickets.

One of my top three all time favorite live shows ... Iggy Pop in Dublin around 1982 ... raw energy man!

RustyOrgan

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2007, 11:59:00 am »
But... But... reselling to a *Charity Show is morally wrong!

TheREALHunter

« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2007, 11:59:00 am »
Originally posted by froggylizzard:
  Scalpers don't give a shit! ... they'll still scalp the tickets.

One of my top three all time favorite live shows ... Iggy Pop in Dublin around 1982 ... raw energy man!
Wouldn't that be Raw Power?  ;)  
 Sorry I couldn't resist...

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2007, 12:10:00 pm »
I'm just glad Iggy is touring with something other than a bunch of hack LA studio musicians who happened to wander on to the tour bus, which seemed to be the case the last couple times I saw him in the Motor City in the mid 90s.  I'm pretty sure there were a number of guitarist in the audience those nights that would have killed to be playing with him and probably done a better job.  One show had the Demolition Dollrods as warm-up, who were able to join the tour reportedly thanks to a little "favor".

Missed out seeing him when Steve Jones was on board..  And one time he almost got upstaged by the warmup act Jane's Addiction which was pre-Lollapolooza and before Perry cut off the dreads.
T.Rex

terry

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2007, 12:10:00 pm »
Thanks so much for posting this! I just got my ticket. The last time I saw Iggy it was at Hammerjacks.

Yay.

RustyOrgan

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2007, 12:14:00 pm »
Yeah,... I'm *INCREDIBLY* psyched about this show - esp. considering that it's at 9:30!! Dismemberment Plan fans get ready to be *pNwd

andyrichter

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2007, 12:16:00 pm »
anybody hear that they're not doing raw power era songs?  i know ron asheton wasn't in the band for that record and i'm fine if they don't play it. but still, i was really looking forward to search and destroy.    :(