Author Topic: Cartel-Exit Clov Roll Call...  (Read 4843 times)

Celeste

Re: Cartel-Exit Clov Roll Call...
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2004, 10:15:00 am »
Originally posted by poorlulu:
 you should listen to it whilst having sex then................   :p  
nothing like two asian girls to put me   in the mood  :roll:

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2004, 10:23:00 am »
They were front and center, nicely displayed at the register. When I looked at it inquisitively, the cashier said, "Take one, it's a freebie. Think they're playing (looking at the attached flier thing) tomorrow night."

Originally posted by redsock:

Originally posted by Rhett Miller:

I saw a copy of the sampler that Redsock gave away at the board Xmas gathering last year, now sellling for 25 cents. To me, this is more heinous than somebody reselling their Pixies ticket. Shame on whoever it is trying to capitalize on Redsock's generosity.

Well I never...!!!

They actually gave you a copy of the CD, it wasn't like, tossed in a corner or anything? [/b]

redsock

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2004, 10:27:00 am »
  They were front and center, nicely displayed at the register. When I looked at it inquisitively, the cashier said, "Take one, it's a freebie. Think they're playing (looking at the attached flier thing) tomorrow night."

I saw a copy of the sampler that Redsock gave away at the board Xmas gathering last year, now sellling for 25 cents. To me, this is more heinous than somebody reselling their Pixies ticket. Shame on whoever it is trying to capitalize on Redsock's generosity.

Well I never...!!!

They actually gave you a copy of the CD, it wasn't like, tossed in a corner or anything? [/b]
[/b]
Yay!!  :)

Fico

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2004, 11:21:00 am »

And Fico, you  missed the Stone Tossers and the Smiths because you were probably into mainstream crap like Foreigner or Foghat back in the 80's.    :)  
Wrong you are my pedigree chum...I was only 10yrs old during the Smith's heyday, 13 during the Roses heyday...and I was also living in the Caribbean where they would never visit...

Fico

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2004, 11:23:00 am »
  And you know folks, how often is it you get to go to a show to support not one, but two board members? Seems to me this is worth going to, both for the quality of the bands, and cause you can give props to your Fico and Clovette, by default me. Just an FYI...
I couldn't agree more!!  :p

Bags

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2004, 11:25:00 am »
  And you know folks, how often is it you get to go to a show to support not one, but two board members? Seems to me this is worth going to, both for the quality of the bands, and cause you can give props to your Fico and Clovette, by default me. Just an FYI...
I have a birthday dinner to-do, but may head over to DC9 after with a friend in from L.A. if he's game.  He's about to move back to DC, after 5 or 6 years, and will be blown away by U street, Logan Circle, etc.

Fico

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2004, 11:34:00 am »
Originally posted by Bags:

I have a birthday dinner to-do, but may head over to DC9 after with a friend in from L.A. if he's game.  He's about to move back to DC, after 5 or 6 years, and will be blown away by U street, Logan Circle, etc. [/b]
The question is, when at the door...are you coming to see Cartel or Exit Clov?? DC9 may have to install a split policy tonight  :)

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2004, 11:36:00 am »
God bless gentrification!

.  He's about to move back to DC, after 5 or 6 years, and will be blown away by U street, Logan Circle, etc. [/b]

Bags

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2004, 11:43:00 am »
Originally posted by Fico:
  The question is, when at the door...are you coming to see Cartel or Exit Clov?? DC9 may have to install a split policy tonight   :)  
Shoot -- I have to deal with that whole Velvet Lounge policy?  Well, there are two of us, so you'll each get one!

Fico

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2004, 11:49:00 am »

The question is, when at the door...are you coming to see Cartel or Exit Clov?? DC9 may have to install a split policy tonight    :)  
Shoot -- I have to deal with that whole Velvet Lounge policy?  Well, there are two of us, so you'll each get one! [/b]
DC9 DC9 DC9 DC9...not Velvet...

redsock

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2004, 11:57:00 am »

The question is, when at the door...are you coming to see Cartel or Exit Clov?? DC9 may have to install a split policy tonight     :)    
Shoot -- I have to deal with that whole Velvet Lounge policy?  Well, there are two of us, so you'll each get one! [/b]
DC9 DC9 DC9 DC9...not Velvet... [/b]
I think she knows that Fico, she was just referring to hte door policy tere...calm down chief...

Bags

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2004, 02:45:00 pm »
Sorry for the scare -- redsock's right.  The lounge is the first place I ever encountered the front door interrogation on which band you're there to see.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2004, 02:49:00 pm »
Why do they do that anyway?

thirsty moore

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2004, 03:03:00 pm »
I'm going to guess that bands get a percentage of the door.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2004, 03:56:00 pm »
  Don't be so sure of those times yet Fico, I've heard that dc9 mentioned some different times to the Clov, but that they are working it out. Certainly seems like it will be later. Best check with Clovette to verify.
Did you ever get a better idea of what times the bands are going to play?