Author Topic: motorcycle riders...  (Read 3147 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: motorcycle riders...
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 07:19:00 am »
Originally posted by miss pretentious:

[/b]
by the way, my boy just did the NOVA classes last month and had a blast. he loved it. [/QB]
Is that "my boy" as in child, servant or someone you're dating?

bikerchickdc

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2007, 09:30:00 am »
If you're really serious about riding, you should probably select your gear based on the level of protection it offers and not the fashionista points. I'm a chick and I ride; most of the time I ride in Joe Rocket textile gear, usually with kevlar inserts. It's all fine and good if you end up with a "cute" or "pretty" jacket but it's a LOT more important that the jacket can keep your skin on when you lay the bike down. A lot of people buy stuff so it matches their bike (ugh) or has some cutesy print or Hello Kitty or equally stupid reason, and it's flimsy leather or pleather, no padding, and won't protect you in a crash.  And proper gear includes pants and gloves, not just a jacket.

If you can't take motorcycing seriously enough to select the proper gear, then you really shouldn't be riding. There is a lot of potential danger out there and you need every advantage you can get.

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 10:30:00 am »
I completely agree with you on the safety aspect. I'm taking the basic rider course twice in two different locations just so I get a lot of practice in.  I thought leather would be more durable than mesh.  When shopping around online it looked like each style came in different color options from black to pink so why wouldn't I opt for a girly one? The jacket I showed pics of above has armor in it and a slew of other safety specs that I don't understand yet so I'm not just trying to look cute.

Hell men hate female drivers, they'd probably give me more room on the road if they see me coming in pink.   :-)
xoxo

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2007, 11:19:00 am »
Do they still make Belstaf jackets? Or are they just in Europe?